• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for those of you that think BJ should keep his starting job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Does BJ get a FREE PASS this entire season to be the starter simply because we don't have an "expirienced" back-up to replace him with? What if he has another 3 INT 0TD game against Cincy on Friday (Cincy btw has the worst...I repeat WORST statistical pass defense in the entire Big East) should he still get another yet another chance to prove himself?

Personally I think this game is where BJ HAS TO breakout, like I said earlier Cincy is awful defending the pass, if he can't make positive plays happen against them then we really have to give someone else a chance.

I don't think it's a free pass as much as it's that we don't have another viable option on the roster, or at least that's how i look at it.  Eveld is the guy listed as the #2 and a walk on true Frosh with no mobility behind our offensive line doesn't sound like a decent proposition to me.  I'm not a fan of change just for the sake of change and i feel there is not a more viable realistic option on the roster at the moment.  I also think the fact that we have not seen Eveld outside of obvious garbage time, even with how terrible BJ has played, says a lot about where he is as a QB right now and the staff's confidence in him.     

+1

I don't think we have another option. Eveld's numbers in 2A high school football last year weren't as good as bj daniels were in BCS football. I'm not sure why anybody is clamoring for him as if he is the answer.

We really don't KNOW !

My point has been get Eveld in there, can't do worse.

Yes .... he can. As "horrible" as BJ and the offense has played, neither game was out that far out of reach ...

But but but but but he lost to Syracuse  :-[

There is no reason to assume the outcome would have been any different with any other person playing quarterback. It is possible to be playing really, really, really, really poorly and yet still be the best (or "least bad" if you prefer) option a team has.

But there is no reason to assume that it wouldn't

No reason other than the professional opinions of a coaching staff who evaluate the two every day, you mean?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You guys are funny. Dozer and smazza are the voices of reason. Wow.

Gunsby is not ready, Eveld is a D-II quality prospect.  BJ can't hit nor see wide open receivers.

Funny thing is Oline is good run blockers. Runners get their yards. Wideouts are starting to finally figure it out (remember they couldn't get open before). Hopefully it starts to click for BJ and the Oline for pass blocking soon. This offense has the chance to be amazing. Unfortunately it most likely won't get any better.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's funny how big a difference a season can make.  The past few years i was considered a dreaded "darksider" and now im a voice of reason. The funny thing is i haven't changed a thing about how i look at the program or team i just honestly and openly evaluated what i see.  Watching some people here go into meltdown mode has been very enertaining though.

Archived