• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 10 raiding BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Rutgers spent $102,000,000.00 just on their football stadium expansion.

I don't believe they expanded the way that it was initially intended. Didn't they have a big mess with the State of NJ over the funding for the expansion?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'd have to look, but I am fairly certain that the original expansion was going to give them a capacity higher than 52,000.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers has really upped their stadium/facilities the last few years and it looks like Shiano is there for the long haul. I don't think they'll deliver NYC, the surrounding Jersey area Yes but not New York City. But there has been too much smoke for nothing to happen. This is similar to when a coach is in negotiations w/ a school but constantly denies till the day of his press conference(Nick Saban).

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I don't believe they expanded the way that it was initially intended. Didn't they have a big mess with the State of NJ over the funding for the expansion?

The link I provided says it was a $102 million expansion to the football stadium and $12.5 million upgrade to the Hale Center.  Whether or not there was an issue over funding is irrelevent since the work is done.

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/stadium/stadium.asp

rutgers renovated their stadium because it was obsolete.

we don't have that problem as of yet... and when rayjay becomes obsolete... we will probably go the OCS route.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There was no Big Ten Network back then, so there were less revenue streams. If they decline, then the Big Ten takes a different Big East program and you would then have to worry about if the Big East is going to survive losing at least 2 football playing members, if not more, when the dust clears.

Hopefully if the Big East loses 2 football teams then they wise up, start dumping basketball only schools, and start beefing up the Conference.

However since the basketball teams run the show I don't see this happening and once the SEC and ACC join the show the Big East will die a slow painful death... hopefully we are picked up by the ACC or we will be SOL.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There was no Big Ten Network back then, so there were less revenue streams. If they decline, then the Big Ten takes a different Big East program and you would then have to worry about if the Big East is going to survive losing at least 2 football playing members, if not more, when the dust clears.

Hopefully if the Big East loses 2 football teams then they wise up, start dumping basketball only schools, and start beefing up the Conference.

However since the basketball teams run the show I don't see this happening and once the SEC and ACC join the show the Big East will die a slow painful death... hopefully we are picked up by the ACC or we will be SOL.

At that point the basketball schools would have an 8-6 majority.  If anything they would be dumping football schools. 

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

False.  Big X commish has responded and said no such offers made.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5181741

Since there is no formal offer yes, technically that is true. So saying its false, no offer made is correct. No offer will be made until when they meet and formally extend it, its another matter. And it hinges on if the 2 Big 12 teams and ND get in if Rutgers gets a formal offer. But a meet and greet, saying we will extend one is totally different animal.

The link I provided says it was a $102 million expansion to the football stadium and $12.5 million upgrade to the Hale Center.  Whether or not there was an issue over funding is irrelevent since the work is done.

rutgers renovated their stadium because it was obsolete.

we don't have that problem as of yet... and when rayjay becomes obsolete... we will probably go the OCS route.

When that happens the Bucs will get a new stadium IF they get back on the winning track and the economy is still not tanked. And IF that happens look for the Bucs to leave and USF using the old and busted Ray Jay.

it is a shame because at the end of the day usf undertachieved and rutgers overachieved and they were rewarded

Rutgers made a committment to athletics and made tremendous upgrades to their athletic facilities...

USF hasn't made a commitment to athletics?

new athletic facility

30 million dollar athletics district

plus according to some, they railroaded our coach because he was underachieving  ;)

does the railroad count as a facility upgrade?

The new Big 10 Super Conference will be using the minor league conferences such as the Big East as a feeder for coaches that are ready to move up to the big league.

I know you don't mean basketball coaches. And the SEC Super Conference will be using the minor super conferences like the Big 10 as a feeder for coaches ready to move up to the real big league.

Archived