• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

T & F: Lindsey Lamar Makes a Splash

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

LL isn't as small (relatively) as some of you think. The NFL measurements for Chris Johnson 5'11" 200lbs = 2.8lbs per inch of height. Percy Harvin 5'11" 192= 2.7 per inch. LL 5'9" 160 = 2.3 per. Remember the measurements for CJ and PH are NFL numbers, not Freshman numbers.

Lamar would have to weigh 186 to equal 2.7 lb/inch.  26 lbs is a HUGE difference on someone his size.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

LL isn't as small (relatively) as some of you think. The NFL measurements for Chris Johnson 5'11" 200lbs = 2.8lbs per inch of height. Percy Harvin 5'11" 192= 2.7 per inch. LL 5'9" 160 = 2.3 per. Remember the measurements for CJ and PH are NFL numbers, not Freshman numbers.

Lamar would have to weigh 186 to equal 2.7 lb/inch.  26 lbs is a HUGE difference on someone his size.

His measurements were as a frosh. I don't know about you, but I graduated at 6'1" 150, and by 20 I was 6'1" 185. He's going to get larger, I didn't have a professional staff of trainers and nutritionists to assist me.

• Content Count:  4,501

His measurements were as a frosh. I don't know about you, but I graduated at 6'1" 150, and by 20 I was 6'1" 185. He's going to get larger, I didn't have a professional staff of trainers and nutritionists to assist me.

I have Bud and I have put on 15 pounds in the last 4 years.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,433

And he wasn't our return guy on kickoffs and punts why?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wasting his freshman year without him being our return guy is almost criminal. Otherwise a red shirt would have been appropriate.

Serious wheels. Let's hope we can utilize him better the next 3 years.

• Content Count:  3,594

I thought we tried him on a couple of kick returns, and he dropped the ball every time it came his way.  Maybe I'm wrong.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Video story on Lamar.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/sports/usf-sprinter-honored-012010

I didn't know how to embed it here using the flash icon. Perhaps someone else knows.

• Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  2

Lamar was the easiest player to tackle that I have ever seen...he needs to be a WR.  A stiff breeze can knock him over.

• Content Count:  1,528

Lindsey is a RB. He'll get stronger as his career goes along. If we can get the O-line to improve. He would do big things as a RB. Look at Dexter McCluster. He's one of the best in the SEC. He's listed at 5-8 165. Lamar is taller(5-9) and faster. There's other small backs out there. Chris Rainey 5-9 175, Jeff Demps 5-8 180, Noel Devine 5-8 176

I always wonder how well Dexter would have done if he had stuck to his original commitment and signed with USF. He changed his verbal to us based on a dream he had. It seems to have worked out very well for him.

Dexter made the right decision. We would not have utilized him. He would have burried on our bench watching Plancher get the bulk of his carries.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Lindsey is a RB. He'll get stronger as his career goes along. If we can get the O-line to improve. He would do big things as a RB. Look at Dexter McCluster. He's one of the best in the SEC. He's listed at 5-8 165. Lamar is taller(5-9) and faster. There's other small backs out there. Chris Rainey 5-9 175, Jeff Demps 5-8 180, Noel Devine 5-8 176

I always wonder how well Dexter would have done if he had stuck to his original commitment and signed with USF. He changed his verbal to us based on a dream he had. It seems to have worked out very well for him.

Dexter made the right decision. We would not have utilized him. He would have burried on our bench watching Plancher get the bulk of his carries.

Dexter's not as good as Andre Hall?

Archived