• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

T & F: Lindsey Lamar Makes a Splash

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Lamar was named Big East Athlete of the week in track.

Looks like he has some new company on the track team.

Football players Sterling Griffin, Derrick Hopkins and Kayvon Webster are now training with Lindsey Lamar and the track team.

25 minutes ago from TweetDeck 

Can't wait to see what they can do in the 4 x 100m relay.

Those guys set a state record at Pace, didn't they?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,528

Lindsey is a RB. He'll get stronger as his career goes along. If we can get the O-line to improve. He would do big things as a RB. Look at Dexter McCluster. He's one of the best in the SEC. He's listed at 5-8 165. Lamar is taller(5-9) and faster. There's other small backs out there. Chris Rainey 5-9 175, Jeff Demps 5-8 180, Noel Devine 5-8 176

I always wonder how well Dexter would have done if he had stuck to his original commitment and signed with USF. He changed his verbal to us based on a dream he had. It seems to have worked out very well for him.

Dexter made the right decision. We would not have utilized him. He would have burried on our bench watching Plancher get the bulk of his carries.

Dexter's not as good as Andre Hall?

Where did I say anything about Andre Hall? I don't follow.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lindsey is a RB. He'll get stronger as his career goes along. If we can get the O-line to improve. He would do big things as a RB. Look at Dexter McCluster. He's one of the best in the SEC. He's listed at 5-8 165. Lamar is taller(5-9) and faster. There's other small backs out there. Chris Rainey 5-9 175, Jeff Demps 5-8 180, Noel Devine 5-8 176

I always wonder how well Dexter would have done if he had stuck to his original commitment and signed with USF. He changed his verbal to us based on a dream he had. It seems to have worked out very well for him.

Dexter made the right decision. We would not have utilized him. He would have burried on our bench watching Plancher get the bulk of his carries.

Hall played under Franks and got the vast majority of the carries and there was no RBBC.  His point is that McCluster was talented enough that he would have been like hall and been a primary back or atleast got the lions share of the carries.  McCluster is easily more talented than any back on our roster (Yes, even more so than this messageboard's baby Mike Ford) and it wouldn't have even been a contest as to who the starting RB would have been if he came here. 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Hall played under Franks and got the vast majority of the carries and there was no RBBC.  His point is that McCluster was talented enough that he would have been like hall and been a primary back or atleast got the lions share of the carries.  McCluster is easily more talented than any back on our roster (Yes, even more so than this messageboard's baby Mike Ford) and it wouldn't have even been a contest as to who the starting RB would have been if he came here. 

Mike Ford was a 5 star coming out of high school with offers from multiple SEC schools.

McCluster was a 3 star with one SEC offer(ole miss) and 3 BE offers.

Jamar Taylor had better offers out of high school.

What makes you think the staff would have recognized his talent?

They didn't recognize chad simpson's talent. He's now preparing for the AFC championship game while the guy they chose over him was suspended for positive drug tests. Not sure Ponton was more talented than simpson but our coaches thought so.

Ole Miss didn't use him properly until the back half of the season. What makes you think he would be an every down back here?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Lamar was named Big East Athlete of the week in track.

Looks like he has some new company on the track team.

Football players Sterling Griffin, Derrick Hopkins and Kayvon Webster are now training with Lindsey Lamar and the track team.

25 minutes ago from TweetDeck 

Can't wait to see what they can do in the 4 x 100m relay.

Those guys set a state record at Pace, didn't they?

Yep. They hold the national record for 2009.

pace4x1-2.jpg

http://fl.milesplit.us/articles/23210

• Content Count:  1,528

I'm with Bull94 here. By my original post, I tried to say that McCluster made the right decision going to Ole Miss because our coaches would not have noticed his talent level and he would have wasted away on our bench as part of this RB by committee. Instead, he was able to capitalize on that potential and is now preparing for the NFL.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"McCluster was a 3 star with one SEC offer(ole miss) and 3 BE offers."

It was only after I made a case for him to Rivals, that they gave him 3 stars. Right after that he decommitted from USF. So, it must be all my fault he didn't end up here.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,633

McCluster also had the benefit of playing as a freshman, which CJL wasn't too fond of doing...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the bulls have gone away from using featured back

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

And he wasn't our return guy on kickoffs and punts why?

usf had worse offensive coaches and special team coaches

Archived