• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Oh and since somebody mentioned it a couple posts back...I also saw no problems at all but if you hear there were problems, you can pretty much take it to the Bank that there was an issue.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

One thing to remember, it's kinda tough to have everybody being kind to the opposing fans when we have a hard enough time being kind to our own fans. Seems like green fighting green is a common occurence

• Content Count:  7,890

sounds like some KU fans are over reaching. One is pissed because people were doing the  S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A chant on the way out of the stadium. Which I was ;D

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

One thing that you should always remember is this:

Would the visiting fans be complaining about USF fans if they had won?  Probably not.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Again ill reiterate i myself on the way out saw at least a dozen instances of inappropriate behavior... Things we're happening this is not sour grapes or find a way to bash the team that beat us. 

• Content Count:  7,890

I saw nothing outside of normal ribbing.

same here

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Evidently, it just takes a very small percentage of obnoxious fans to tar everybody with the same brush. I don't understand why some fans can't just vigorously root on their team and not cross over the line. Certainly KU fans didn't deserve what they got:

To paraphrase Wyche: You don’t live in Orlando, you live in Tampa

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Sep 15, 2008 at 03:22 PM

Updated Sep 15, 2008 at 03:30 PM

While those involved in these particular incidents were likely a miniscule percentage of the 50,000 plus University of South Florida fans at Friday’s Kansas game, it was enough of a concern that someone I know, and respect very much, asked me to pass along this message.

I’m not going to identify the person, but they are an employee of USF, and asked me to get the word out.

This person told me they were: “Just concerned about a small group of fans disrespecting visiting teams in sections 310 and 328. We’re running a campaign right now ‘USF fans, be Respect-a-Bull to our guests,’ but it seems a group of fans were rude to KU fans. It’s pretty sad as the win-loss occurs on the field, not in the stands. We’re still young and I’d hate for us to get a reputation like UCF has gotten about rude students and fans. Throwing beer at visiting team guests and calling them names is unacceptable.

“It was a very small minority that was creating a bad experience for a few Kansas fans. A lot of fans read your blog so anything you can do to help us get the word out about our campaign to be respectful of our visitors would be appreciated! Visiting team fans are our guests - not our ‘enemy.’ â€

Again, this is not to suggest this was a majority of fans, but this person felt strongly enough about it to mention it to me so USF is not viewed in a poor light by future visitors. It only takes a few bad apples.

Hey, just take the advice of former Cincinnati Bengals coach Sam Wyche, when Cincinnati fans were trying to pelt the officials with snow balls in 1989: “You don’t live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati.â€

Ain’t No Bull is back! With USF climbing up the national rankings, it only means the plethora of USF themed songs will be hitting the radio and MySpace.

Here’s the link for Quincy B. Scovill with a “newly remixed and revamped ‘Ain’t No Bull’ USF Bulls tribute song available for free download. Check it out.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/to-paraphrase-wyche-you-dont-live-in-orlando-you-live-in-tampa/

• Content Count:  17

For what its worth, I was sitting in section 329 (which I discovered as I walked out of the tunnel before the game started was the Kansas section) for the first half with some friends from work who were all Kansas fans.  We all had some good natured trash talking (the Kansas girl in front of me asked if I was actually going to yell during every Kansas play on offense and asked why I stopped yelling after the first touchdown, stuff like that), but there was never anything beyond that and I didn't see or hear anyone being rude or a-holeish to anyone. 

I moved seats at halftime and therefore did not see what happened next, but after reading all these stories, I asked my work friends whohad been all decked out in blue what happened with them.  They said all the Bulls fans they encountered were really good, complimentary, etc, and they were impressed with how everyone treated them, including on the way out.  I also didn't witness any bad behavior and was really happy that as I was leaving the stadium, the only chants I heard were "U-S-F" and the fight song (I am of the opinion that anyone who starts or participates in an "overrated" chant deserves to be permanently banned from all sporting events for the rest of their lives ... seriously, all you're saying with that chant is that if our team beat you, you must not be very good).

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I had a friendly banter going with this KU guy behind me. In the first half he was like, "Man.. wasn't that a beatifull Reesing pass?" He did it like every play which was pretty funny.

I returned the favor in the 3rd  >:D

Archived