• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

This last page of this thread makes me sick to my stomach. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that kind of garbage. Like was said above, had you guys been in a donor area, or even the non-donor south end zone, you probably wouldn't have had to deal with as much. And unfortunately, the expanded visitor section goes to the 3rd level with the d-bags who pay $10 for a ticket.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

This last page of this thread makes me sick to my stomach. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that kind of garbage. Like was said above, had you guys been in a donor area, or even the non-donor south end zone, you probably wouldn't have had to deal with as much. And unfortunately, the expanded visitor section goes to the 3rd level with the d-bags who pay $10 for a ticket.

Not everyone that pays $10 for a ticket is a d-bag.  Some of us are driving from over two hours away & trying to save as much money as possible on a teacher's salary.  With gas, parking, etc. it cost me way more than $10 to attend a game. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Not everyone that pays $10 for a ticket is a d-bag.  Some of us are driving from over two hours away & trying to save as much money as possible on a teacher's salary.  With gas, parking, etc. it cost me way more than $10 to attend a game. 

Understandable. Maybe I should've worded it differently, but I didn't mean that everybody who paid $10 for a ticket up there was a d-bag. But I'm sure more than a few of the people up there viewed it as a cheap Friday night party. I would also guess that at least some of the crowd up there were students who didn't get in the student section, so they bought $10 tickets.

EDIT: Also let me add that the people who are buying the $10 tickets don't have a lot to lose by being kicked out of the stadium, so they're less likely to worry about being a-holes.  Being that I paid $300 for my 2 season tickets, and $90 for my parking pass, I'm not about to act a fool and get thrown out and risk losing my season tickets.

• Content Count:  7,890

Thanks for the support.  Believe it or not, it helps. 

We purchased our tickets from the KU Athletic office, so I assume it is where USF had us placed.  We have purchased through our office before and it seems as though we have always been OK in visiting stadiums.  Maybe one of the suggestions that I could offer the USF athletic department is that they find another section to assign to visitors

I think it also helps if USF fans complain about the behavior of their own.  I think it is a tendancy for some to assume a visitor is expecting a friendly environment and is just whining about the friendly taunts.  If you see someone that is out of line, just do what you can to either cut it off or get the person thrown out. 

This issue has the potential to get real ugly, I just hope that enough people see it and are willing to not write it off and do something about it. 

Being a Kansas fan, I really do enjoy seeing the non-traditional football schools have success.  If we had been treated differently at this game, I might have even considered rooting for you guys the rest of the season.  I am not quite sure I can do that even though it would be better for our rankings!!!! 

This is the problem in the years past, before we had this problem, the entire vistor section was in the lower bowl away from the students but with the increased student section and season tickets USF had to move some of the visitor section to the 300 section. and from the sound of it the some USF fans in the 300 section are classless **** heads.  You dont hear any problems from KU fans that sat in the 100 level only the 300.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe we can have the tattle tail phone number publicized like the one the Bucs are now using, where fans can text a message to the authorities a seat number in a row in a section, which will then be watched by authorities.  The jerk being ratted out doesnt even know he was ratted out or is being watched so he is surely to keep up the antics under the watchful eye of police and arrested once he does something worthy of being arrested or kicked out at the very least.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This is very sad. I only spoke with one KU couple, but after the game, I went over to say thanks for coming, and great game. They almost looked scared of what was coming, I felt bad then, and worse now.

A couple things I think USF could do... Never put opposing fans in a section where they have to walk near the student section. As I mentioned before, walking out, I generally like to go through the student section, but Friday, when I got there, there was a F*** You Kansas chant going on. I used every bit of the lungs I had left to get a USF chant going. It happened later, and I did the same. Generally fans are stupid and will go along with whatever someone starts. Also, there are enough decent people around that just need someone to lead them in a better direction. We can do that as fans.

USF also needs to tell students if they get thrown out, they won't get another ticket to a game that season. We're getting to the point where we don't need to beg students to come, they are fighting for a spot to get in.

Again, this is very sad. I don't know what we can do about it, but it does need to stop. I responded to the alcohol thread before reading this one. Serving alcohol should definitely be stopped. Police do need to crack down on underage drinking.

I know that coach Leavitt and Doug Woolard are going to be embarrassed to get these emails/letters from KU fans. I apologize for the behavior of our fans. I know that doesn't make it any better, but I hope that at least a few KU fans had a good time. Thank you for coming here and telling your experiences. As you said, if we don't hear it, we won't know quite how bad it is.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

This is embarassing.  Geez people get a clue.  Treat people how you wish to be treated.  Shouldn't that be common knowledge?  Students should be given an orientation class on tailgating, behavior at games, behavior to opposing fans, etc.  This is ridiculous.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is embarassing.  Geez people get a clue.  Treat people how you wish to be treated.  Shouldn't that be common knowledge?  Students should be given an orientation class on tailgating, behavior at games, behavior to opposing fans, etc.  This is ridiculous.

I agree about the class for all incoming freshmen.  Don't all incoming freshmen have to take a college experience class anyways (I transferred in so in not 100% on this) so why not work this stuff into the curriculum?

• Content Count:  4,738

I would love to catch someone doing these things. 

I guess the price seems to filter out dbags.  I sit in 107 and dint see any of this foolishness

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I would love to catch someone doing these things. 

I guess the price seems to filter out dbags.  I sit in 107 and dint see any of this foolishness

99% of the stuff i saw was after the game on the way out of the stadium and in the lots. 

Archived