• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

If you only knew how KU fans treated the fans of other Big XII schools. They treat us awful when we play them in Lawrence, and they treat us awful when we play them at home.  Missouri and Kansas State especially.  I have come to know them as the most arrogant group of fans I have ever seen.

A good example of just how terrible they can be.  A mere two years ago KU came and played us in Manhattan and won by six points. A measly six points, after stopping what had nearly become a last minutes game winning drive.  Now, we are rivals, and I understand this...but what they did after was inexcusable.  In our own city, we were heckled as we left our own stadium.  I ran into a large mass of KU Sorority girls in the parking lot, loudly screaming "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" at all the passing by Wildcat fans. They were promptly replied to with the oh so clever pun version of their chant, which I see you too have discovered.

It did not end here. Oh no.  I had to walk back several miles to my place, and along the way, ran into three separate groups of KU fans...again in the middle of our own city...shouting abuse at us for no reason, telling us how badly we got our *** kicked and such.  Later on, I saw another group of them on an apartment balcony waving a huge KU banner at all the people walking and driving down the road. It was the worst display of poor sportsmanship I have ever seen in my life. This didn't end after the game. Story's from friends who stayed out later and went to Aggieville suggest that the ridiculous abuse continued well passed the afternoon into the night. Naturally a number of fights broke out and there were several arrests.

Now, I'm all for trash talking the opposing fans. Honestly, it's part of sports. I gave some Oklahoma fans a hell of a time when they sat in our student section, but after having been brutally humbled by the Sooners, I gave them high fives and a "Well played game" on the way out. I've been to several K-State away games as well. In Columbia, Missouri, I never once had a bad experience with the Tigers fans. Not once.  I never had a bad experience with the Iowa fans when we played them on a neutral site either. With the exception of Colorado (infamous for their terrible fans) I have never even had trouble with fans at our home stadium (the Colorado fans actually showed up early, and yelled at our team as they made their entrance to the stadium...but that was all).

I guess the point I'm making is, don't be too hard on yourselves. So the KU fans were treated less than courteously. You may have had a good experience with their fans as well. But the KU fans that were at your stadium are probably not the same type that we see at ours.  Being a mere two hours away means that we are subject to a far larger number of Jay Hawk fans, while you only dealt with the ones that could afford to travel to Florida to watch a football game.  If only you knew how awful they are when they play us, or any other Big XII team.  I find it highly laughable that any Jay hawk fan can complain about their poor treatment when they routinely do it to us in our own stadium.

Happy to shine some light on the whole Jay Hawk Issue,

Wildcatz

Wildcatz, the examples of horrible treatment that you cite would pale in comparison to what I have witnessed myself at the hands of UCF and other teams.  If that is as badly as you were treated, you got the Kid Glove Treatment.  Looks like the Midwest, in their worst moments, has much more class than other places.  Sorry if that treatment upset you, but get out more past the midwest -- Hell, the behavior you use as examples of maltreatment are how fans treat each other in some schools.  I wish it weren't that way and I intervene when I witness it, but that really isn't that bad (your examples).  That being said -- I didn't see any of that at our game with KU and I don't and wouldn't defend it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That was also a true rivalry game, not a random intersectional game like our matchups with Kansas. I would expect things to be less civil after that game than they should have been after our game with the Jayhawks.

• Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

If you only knew how KU fans treated the fans of other Big XII schools. They treat us awful when we play them in Lawrence, and they treat us awful when we play them at home.  Missouri and Kansas State especially.  I have come to know them as the most arrogant group of fans I have ever seen.

A good example of just how terrible they can be.  A mere two years ago KU came and played us in Manhattan and won by six points. A measly six points, after stopping what had nearly become a last minutes game winning drive.  Now, we are rivals, and I understand this...but what they did after was inexcusable.  In our own city, we were heckled as we left our own stadium.  I ran into a large mass of KU Sorority girls in the parking lot, loudly screaming "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" at all the passing by Wildcat fans. They were promptly replied to with the oh so clever pun version of their chant, which I see you too have discovered.

It did not end here. Oh no.  I had to walk back several miles to my place, and along the way, ran into three separate groups of KU fans...again in the middle of our own city...shouting abuse at us for no reason, telling us how badly we got our *** kicked and such.  Later on, I saw another group of them on an apartment balcony waving a huge KU banner at all the people walking and driving down the road. It was the worst display of poor sportsmanship I have ever seen in my life. This didn't end after the game. Story's from friends who stayed out later and went to Aggieville suggest that the ridiculous abuse continued well passed the afternoon into the night. Naturally a number of fights broke out and there were several arrests.

Now, I'm all for trash talking the opposing fans. Honestly, it's part of sports. I gave some Oklahoma fans a hell of a time when they sat in our student section, but after having been brutally humbled by the Sooners, I gave them high fives and a "Well played game" on the way out. I've been to several K-State away games as well. In Columbia, Missouri, I never once had a bad experience with the Tigers fans. Not once.  I never had a bad experience with the Iowa fans when we played them on a neutral site either. With the exception of Colorado (infamous for their terrible fans) I have never even had trouble with fans at our home stadium (the Colorado fans actually showed up early, and yelled at our team as they made their entrance to the stadium...but that was all).

I guess the point I'm making is, don't be too hard on yourselves. So the KU fans were treated less than courteously. You may have had a good experience with their fans as well. But the KU fans that were at your stadium are probably not the same type that we see at ours.  Being a mere two hours away means that we are subject to a far larger number of Jay Hawk fans, while you only dealt with the ones that could afford to travel to Florida to watch a football game.  If only you knew how awful they are when they play us, or any other Big XII team.  I find it highly laughable that any Jay hawk fan can complain about their poor treatment when they routinely do it to us in our own stadium.

Wildcatz

Wildcatz, the examples of horrible treatment that you cite would pale in comparison to what I have witnessed myself at the hands of UCF and other teams.  If that is as badly as you were treated, you got the Kid Glove Treatment.  Looks like the Midwest, in their worst moments, has much more class than other places.  Sorry if that treatment upset you, but get out more past the midwest -- Hell, the behavior you use as examples of maltreatment are how fans treat each other in some schools.  I wish it weren't that way and I intervene when I witness it, but that really isn't that bad (your examples).  That being said -- I didn't see any of that at our game with KU and I don't and wouldn't defend it.

Grateful Dad - I would like to agree with you about the mid west being classier - and for the most part that's true but 2 years ago at the Iowa Ohio State game - I got stuff thown at me as I was walking to my car from lunch. I had no Iowa stuff on and these guys in a pick up truck threw stuff at the pedestrians on the street the afternoon of the game! I also got called names at other points during the day - and again I was just walking in regular clothes along with a few other people in regular clothes. And other people had the same experiences. They (OSU) also completely trashed Iowa City that weekend - it was shameful. So it happens other places too. doesn't make it right. but it happens. I believe in public shaming and if we see anyone doing that at ray jay - we should totally call them out on it. let them know that behavior is not tolerated. all it might take is one person giving them a scolding and they might realize that they are acting inappropriate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

Wildcatz

Grateful Dad - I would like to agree with you about the mid west being classier - and for the most part that's true but 2 years ago at the Iowa Ohio State game - I got stuff thown at me as I was walking to my car from lunch. I had no Iowa stuff on and these guys in a pick up truck threw stuff at the pedestrians on the street the afternoon of the game! I also got called names at other points during the day - and again I was just walking in regular clothes along with a few other people in regular clothes. And other people had the same experiences. They (OSU) also completely trashed Iowa City that weekend - it was shameful. So it happens other places too. doesn't make it right. but it happens. I believe in public shaming and if we see anyone doing that at ray jay - we should totally call them out on it. let them know that behavior is not tolerated. all it might take is one person giving them a scolding and they might realize that they are acting inappropriate.

Yeah, no one should have to be subject to that behavior.  My only experience with the midwest was going to the USF v Kansas game in Kansas and being treated great by Kansas fans.

BTW, nice we could come down on the same side of an issue.  I kinda like that.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

BTW, nice we could come down on the same side of an issue.  I kinda like that.

slow ya roll there, pops.  don't be scheming on my kool-aid.

:D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

It did not end here. Oh no.  I had to walk back several miles to my place, and along the way, ran into three separate groups of KU fans...again in the middle of our own city...shouting abuse at us for no reason, telling us how badly we got our ass kicked and such.  Later on, I saw another group of them on an apartment balcony waving a huge KU banner at all the people walking and driving down the road. It was the worst display of poor sportsmanship I have ever seen in my life. This didn't end after the game. Story's from friends who stayed out later and went to Aggieville suggest that the ridiculous abuse continued well passed the afternoon into the night. Naturally a number of fights broke out and there were several arrests.

Wildcatz

Being the curious sort, how in the heck did you come across this 5 month old thread??

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

notThisShitAgain.gif

it's funny how quickly we all forgot about the "treatment of Kansas fans" fiasco and the whole Respect-A-Bull thing once we started losing games and melting down in the middle of the season.  lol.

• Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

notThisShitAgain.gif

it's funny how quickly we all forgot about the "treatment of Kansas fans" fiasco and the whole Respect-A-Bull thing once we started losing games and melting down in the middle of the season.  lol.

Talking about Respect a Bull , does anyone know or have heard if the Tailgating Rules are gonna be as strict this Year??  I think they went a little to far last year with these Rules. 

Archived