• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Best thing I saw was some Jayhawk fan saying, "win a title", to which the response was, "you're talking football right"? Guy shut up in a hurry.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I am certainly not above giving the fans of other teams a hard time if they start some crap but see absolutely no reason to bother fans who are only cheering for their team.  In my area there were only fans in front of me (due to the change in the visitor seating) and they seemed fine. One idiot started yelling for the KU fans to go home amongst other things so I reminded him that Kansas was a real team with decent fans and that he should lay off.  He left abruptly. :)

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

They were the best fans that ever came to Ray Jay in my opinion. I spoke to a lot after the game and they were very good sports. Then I was talking to this group of hot Kansas chicks and almost got them to go out with my buddies and I but they had to leave early the next morning.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

One idiot started yelling for the KU fans to go home

Yeah they were doing that in my section, funny thing was that the people yelling go home was from NY... the pot calling the kettle black.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've only yelled "Go back home!" at an opposing group of fans once, jokingly, at one of the games against Louisville. I vividly remember one of the ladies in the group yelling back "No you go home!" clearly not realizing that they were in our home stadium, lol

• Content Count:  111

I truly can't stand when our fellow bulls fans conduct themselves without any class. I told two guys to leave the Kansas fans alone as everyone walked out yesterday. One guy stopped the other ignored me. I wish people would realize that their actions do tarnish the reputation of our university and start acting like adults.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

We had a KU fan and his girlfriend/wife in the front row of 120 right next to us.  He was really cool... cheering for KU but not being disrespectful towards USF and even joking with us quite a bit. 

Although he didn't like the outcome, I think he had a good time and we were very hospitable towards him. 

I just don't get the "getting in faces" of other fans after we win.  Stupid.

People like that get their jollies off kicking others when they are down. I guarantee they extend it to all phases of their lives. They also usually have small ... ummm ... uhhhh ... egos, too.

I guess I just don't understand the logic...  I mean I had as much fun as anyone at that game last night, but I didn't do anything to prove I am a better athlete, player, or person than any of the Jayhawk fans.  What is it that makes a college football fan think they can walk out of a stadium and scream crap at fans of an opposing team based on what the team did on the field?  I just don't get it.  If Matt or George want to come out and talk crap to the Kansas fans then so be it, but I think we all recognize they are way above that.  Our fans need to be as well, and if they are not the other 50,000 of us need to say something.

I would seriously support a zero tollerance policy, USF official sees you jumping in the face of a visiting fan or screaming obscenities at them you get trespassed for the year.  Not just thrown out of the game.  Maybe watching them from home for a year will teach you some respect.

• Content Count:  14

I only saw heckling.  Myself and some people in my section made fun of their "waving wheat" or whatever the crap it is after we went up 27-20.

The classless KU fans that were constantly doing the Gator Chomp did not help matters.

As always, fan behaviors are to blame on both sides, and you only hear about the worst-case stuff.

I think the KU fans got the best treatment possible, especially seeing how we treated the WVU fans.

It's a beak, not the gator chomp.  Their fingers came to a point, their hand's weren't flat/palm to palm. 

Beak 'Em Hawks

Good game guys.  I had fun watching it in HD back in Kansas.  Definitely the game of the week.  I just wish Reesing's last pass was 3 more yards to the right and 5 yards further down field.  Then I'd be hearing Reesing for Heisman.  For now it's just a conselation "wow he's a gamer".

• Content Count:  2,239

After reading all of this, to say that the UCF fan base is worse is simply the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, it was an entertaining game to watch.

From the University of Kansas student newspaper...

*Talked to a couple of KU fans on the flight back tonight and I was surprised to find out that they were treated very poorly by the USF fans. They had stuff thrown at them, were called names so bad that I can't say them on here, and even said it was worse than the Missouri game. I am working on a story for Tuesday's paper that talks about just how bad the fans were at the game. I find it funny, however, that the South Florida Athletics Department has a campaign going called being 'respectaBULL" - playing off their nickname, the Bulls. Its obvious though that they already knew that their fans lack of respect was becoming an issue.

http://www.kansan.com/blogs/hot_route/2008/sep/15/home_sweet_home/

Archived