• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Treatement of KU Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

We had a KU fan and his girlfriend/wife in the front row of 120 right next to us.  He was really cool... cheering for KU but not being disrespectful towards USF and even joking with us quite a bit. 

Although he didn't like the outcome, I think he had a good time and we were very hospitable towards him. 

I just don't get the "getting in faces" of other fans after we win.  Stupid.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

"UCF is the one with bad fans" ;D

bagdad_bob_large.gif

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ps: Great game last night.

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Not sounding too good here.  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=2982374

I know after the game i went up to several groups of KU fans and apologized for jackasses getting in their faces.  Some of our fans need to learn some manners and how to respect for others.  ****'s disgusting.

wher eyou have booze you will have rude behavior

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

We had a KU fan and his girlfriend/wife in the front row of 120 right next to us.  He was really cool... cheering for KU but not being disrespectful towards USF and even joking with us quite a bit. 

Although he didn't like the outcome, I think he had a good time and we were very hospitable towards him. 

I just don't get the "getting in faces" of other fans after we win.  Stupid.

never understood that

just enjoy the event and mind your own business

• Content Count:  2,307

I made sure to tell all the Kansas fans "have a safe trip back" or "good game".  I had no problems with them and I hope most of them had a nice experience at Ray Jay.

• Content Count:  5

Overall, I would say that most of you were pleasant enough.

The night didn't start off all that well with a group of guys calling me a "Fa**ot" in the parking lot. (didn't matter to them that I was with my wife, I guess all visitors are "gay".  ;)  )

Then, as I entered the stadium, I got a lot of "KU Sucks!" and was constantly flipped off.

I could tell that there was tension during the first half while KU was leading, but it wasn't really bad verbally. There was a couple behind us that chatted nicely about the teams and about our experience in Tampa since we moved, etc.  We were sitting next to another couple that had moved to the area from Kansas and they had several nice conversations with USF fans as well.

There did seem to be a shift in the tension when USF took the lead.  It seemed like a lot of people forgot about heckling once the Bulls looked like they were going to win.  I was glad to see that they were able to enjoy the game instead of making a game out of the visitors.

As we were leaving, many people told us "Good Game" and shook our hands. Several said "At least you have an awesome basketball team!" as we walked by.  It was said in a complementary way.

Sure, there were a few people chanting "Gayhawks", and taunting us at the end, but it was a small number compared to those who were nice.

I'll say that there were definitely some douchebags there. But, every place has at least some of those idiots. I obviously wish the outcome of the game had been different, but I had a great time anyway.  I'm glad that it was to a team like USF, and that it was a close game.  Now that this game is over, I'm going to be cheering for The Bulls to do well.

To those who kept it civil,  Thanks!

• Content Count:  1,867

KU fan in Section 125, where we have our seats, bought the people around him FREE BEERS ALL NIGHT!!! there is no better visiting fan in the world then KU fan!!! Of-course one row in front of him some jack-a** USF fan (In a red shirt no less) screamed F*** You KU as loud as he could towards him for the first 15 mins he was there... the guy was extremly nice, bought a solo ticket to see the game, and made friends by buying us beers all night long... that's the right way to act in somebody else's house... and yes, at the end, he had people screaming overated, and "Bye'Bye" chant as we all walked out... sad...

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

i always knew the state of florida had some pretty lousy college football fans without a hint of sportsmanship, but i never thought our fanbase was quite as bad...until exiting the stadium last night.  all our fans in the concourse walking out where chanting F*** YOU KANSAS!!!!  ive never been so mad at a football game in my life, and it was MY OWN fans i was upset with.  i had to be physically restrained from killing 3 or 4 of our fans.  so congratulations on grasping the whole "be respectabull" thing.  weve now joined ucf, uf, and miami as part of the elite group of thug fanbases.  what a f***ing joke.

• Content Count:  808

Any of you saying "it's not that bad" or "it's to be expected" obviously have never been to an away game where you felt your safety or the safety of those you love was in question.

I think back to UCONN 07 where my WIFE and I were hit pelted with plastic beer bottles and cups as we walked through a dimly lit parking lot with NO cops in sight and some guy ran up to us screaming "**** YOU **** YOU" and got right in our faces.

And for those of you that think this is the norm, I would point out how quickly you forget our experience in Auburn.

For some reason, people seem to think because you're at a football game that all rules of decency go right out the window and its a free-for-all. Shame on you if you're one of these.

How embarrassing.

• Content Count:  76

I saw one pair of KU fans before going into the game and wished them good luck. I was at Auburn last year and try to do my best to emulate what I received from them as a visiting team. That memory will stick with me forever. I agree that our fanbase has a lot of maturing to do, but I have a thought for any USF Administrators who might be lurking ...

I'm the same way. That Auburn game really opened up my eyes.  The closest thing to trash talk I encountered there was who could complement the other team more. Yesterday, I challenged a couple of KU fans to a friendly game of corntoss, shared some beers and talked up how impressed I was with their program. On the way out I made sure to tell any KU fans I saw to make travel home safely.

Archived