• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fenelly: "USF Dropping The Ball If It Drops UCF"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why the **** bring this thread back? What is the purpose? We play them every year now...get used to it...

Everyone that was against playing them was told it was shortsighted and bad for our program not to play them and how badly we needed a rival. Those fans got what they wanted so I’m interested in if they really feel this has benefited our program because a quick look around says that it hasn’t and many of those crying for the need to play UCF have long since disappeared.

Edited by puc86

2 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

Hard to claim superiority to a school that is going to hand our *** to us Friday. Oh, you want to avoid playing them so we don't stoop to their level? How about we just beat them on the field?  

Or better yet we beat them four times and should have done anything and everything to avoid ever seeing them again.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

Or better yet we beat them four times and should have done anything and everything to avoid ever seeing them again.

I said we should have taken that ACC invite when it was offered. Everyone laughed at me.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Everyone that was against playing them was told it was shortsighted and bad for our program not to play them and how badly we needed a rival. Those fans got what they wanted so I’m interested in if they really feel this has benefited our program because a quick look around says that it hasn’t and many of those crying for the need to play UCF have long since disappeared.

Benefitt schmidifit...it’s over move on. I could care less if we play them but we do. It ain’t going away. We will probably be playing them until we are both long gone. Life goes on...

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Benefitt schmidifit...it’s over move on. I could care less if we play them but we do. It ain’t going away. We will probably be playing them until we are both long gone. Life goes on...

So many people were positive that we needed a “true rival” and that only UCF could fill that void and without them we could never have a real college atmosphere and experience, meanwhile we did just fine without them and no one seems super pumped about this week. Now the magic bullet is the OCS and if we build it and it sits empty I would think it would make sense to revisit the argument every once and a while.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So many people were positive that we needed a “true rival” and that only UCF could fill that void and without them we could never have a real college atmosphere and experience, meanwhile we did just fine without them and no one seems super pumped about this week. Now the magic bullet is the OCS and if we build it and it sits empty I would think it would make sense to revisit the argument every once and a while.

No one is pumped because we have lost four games in a row and have looked awful. This game would be sold out if we were both undefeated.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

No one is pumped because we have lost four games in a row and have looked awful. This game would be sold out if we were both undefeated.  

Is there a team we would be playing at both 11-0 that you would imagine wouldn’t be close to sold out?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is there a team we would be playing at both 11-0 that you would imagine wouldn’t be close to sold out?

Tulsa

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I guess when we get to 11-0 we can worry about that.....:drummer:

Just now, JTrue said:

Tulsa

Tulsa and UCF are two peas in a conference USA 2.0 pod.

• Upvote 1