• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fenelly: "USF Dropping The Ball If It Drops UCF"

and thats the whole point we have had talks with Miami and others im sure. Someone pointed out Illinois but who does he quote? Buffalo,Ball St and WKU. It was plain and simple a slam job.

USF scheduling preference for the 5 OOC games - posted somewhere by Brett or Greg - was:

1 I-AA home game

1 BCS home game

1 BCS road game

2 mid-major games (one home one on the road)

If that is the case then Illinois does not "replace" UCF, but Buffalo and Ball State do.

Hence the reason for the article not mentioning Illinois, but mentioning the mid-majors instead.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

For those who think we have everything to lose by playing UCF I ask you this.  How can you expect to win the conference against the likes of Louisville, West Virginia, and Pitt if we can't consistently beat UCF?

I keep asking myself the same question

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I dont think we have anything to lose. Win/lose this game USF will continue on and the BCS label will help.

All im saying is that is NOT in USF's long interest to be attached to UCF as a long term rivalry game. It does nothing for our school win or lose nationally and statewise

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Playing UCF every year causes us to sink to their level.  We should have canceled the series after this years game, we could find another CDOA team to play.

Sink to our level?  How much sinking would you actually do?  You guys are right there with us until you A) win a conference title in the BIG EAST  and/or B) Win a Bowl game.  We've both been to the same amount of bowl games (1) and that was just last season.  And to base the fact that you are way ahead of us based on last season's results (if you or anyone is doing this) is just laughable.  

USF got into the Big East by the narrowist of decisions over UCF.  If you are on the map, than so is UConn in football.  Start dominating somewhere, ANYWHERE for that matter than talk about "sinking to our level."

What I don't get about some of the USF fans is that they are arrogant, yet they have no reason to be arrogant...because they haven't done anything.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think we have anything to lose. Win/lose this game USF will continue on and the BCS label will help.

All im saying is that is NOT in USF's long interest to be attached to UCF as a long term rivalry game. It does nothing for our school win or lose nationally and statewise

Neither do games against Buffalo, etc.  You might as well play us.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

...but ignoring you benefits only OUR team,

Can you clarify this a bit?? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't understand how USF benefits from NOT playing the game.

We have the edge right now, due to a stroke of luck we have the BCS tag and we have access (regardless of likelihood) to a national championship and/or a BCS bid UCF doesn't. This means we have no need to play this game to set up apart. It is now on the shoulders of UCF to prove to recruits that they are on par with us and the only way they can do that is to play. We benefit by completely taking away any hope they have of "proving" they are on our level.

So basically they give us nothing, we give them hope.

bcs tag is bull

usf was scared to play ftu/ou/oc when they were 1aa,1a-independant and 1a-cusa

usf will look pretty silly if they lose to ftu/ou/oc\

our bcs tag should be getting us far better recruits

and thats the whole point we have had talks with Miami and others im sure. Someone pointed out Illinois but who does he quote? Buffalo,Ball St and WKU. It was plain and simple a slam job.

USF scheduling preference for the 5 OOC games - posted somewhere by Brett or Greg - was:

1 I-AA home game

1 BCS home game

1 BCS road game

If that is the case then Illinois does not "replace" UCF, but Buffalo and Ball State do.

Hence the reason for the article not mentioning Illinois, but mentioning the mid-majors instead.

who was our bcs home game this year and last?

Playing UCF every year causes us to sink to their level.  We should have canceled the series after this years game, we could find another CDOA team to play.

Sink to our level?  How much sinking would you actually do?  You guys are right there with us until you A) win a conference title in the BIG EAST  and/or B) Win a Bowl game.  We've both been to the same amount of bowl games (1) and that was just last season.  And to base the fact that you are way ahead of us based on last season's results (if you or anyone is doing this) is just laughable.  

USF got into the Big East by the narrowist of decisions over UCF.  If you are on the map, than so is UConn in football.  Start dominating somewhere, ANYWHERE for that matter than talk about "sinking to our level."

What I don't get about some of the USF fans is that they are arrogant, yet they have no reason to be arrogant...because they haven't done anything.  

please samford or woollard are far worse schools than ftu/ou/oc

1 I-AA home game

1 BCS home game

1 BCS road game

who was our bcs home game this year and last?

DW didn't schedule this season or last.

Or perhaps you didn't really know that.

It's not just UCF though there are several schools that would be "better wins" than Indiana.

Boise State - They got smacked as bad as UCF did to UF at UGA in 2005, yet the media loves them

Fresno State - Hasn't won their conference in 7 years...still considered a good win by the media.

TCU - Probably the best non-BCS team out there.

UTEP - They lost to TExas Tech and are still receiving votes

There are several others out there. There is such a thing though as a Mid Major that is better than a BAD BCS program. Just because you're a BCS school doesn't mean people view you as such (Indiana, Duke, Baylor, etc...)

great point

usf's scheduling has always been poor and shortsighted