• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fenelly: "USF Dropping The Ball If It Drops UCF"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bulls Are We said:

I guess when we get to 11-0 we can worry about that.....:drummer:

I mean it’s the basis for the argument that it would drive interest in this game. Meanwhile in the times we have played it makes up just one of our top 15 attended home games.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Tulsa and UCF are two peas in a conference USA 2.0 pod.

Whoa...can you elaborate on this for me?

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Whoa...can you elaborate on this for me?

I see no difference between the programs and dream of a day when we wouldn’t have to associate with either but in the meantime I put no more weight on playing or beating either of them as we have already lost by having to play them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I see no difference between the programs and dream of a day when we wouldn’t have to associate with either but in the meantime I put no more weight on playing or beating either of them as we have already lost by having to play them.

Hold on...you're not a fan of the AAC?

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Hold on...you're not a fan of the AAC?

I try to be subtle about it but sometimes I inadvertently let the cat out of the bag.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/14/2006 at 11:45 AM, Mission9 said:

Don't be so quick to judge.  I am sure that Fennelly and the Tribune are experts on dropped balls since they are always licking the Gators'.

For us older guys, old threads are kind of like old photos.  Some make you cringe, others make you say "hey, I looked pretty good!"

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Or better yet we beat them four times and should have done anything and everything to avoid ever seeing them again.

Judy Genshaft convinced the Big East to turn down a billion dollar contract rather than add UCF and TCU. That worked out really well.

2 minutes ago, Tim Brown said:

Judy Genshaft convinced the Big East to turn down a billion dollar contract rather than add UCF and TCU. That worked out really well.

But then couldn’t get the three left to turn down a $10 contract not to add them? That’s adorable.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Just a friendly reminder as our fanbase lacks any type of excitement going into this “rivalry” weekend that playing UCF annually and annointing them our rival has always and will always be a stupid notion for our program that has brought us nothing but dragging us down to their level, just as many of us predicted and our only true captain of the ship in history so wisely tried to navigate us away from.

I wasn't around for this discussion at it's origin and I just perused some early comments on this thread and liked the one where us being BCS and them not, that ignoring them would only benefit us while playing them could slightly benefit both. I would've hitched to your not playing them ever again bandwagon years ago.

Now, I don't think us going "down" to their level had anything to do with playing ucf, but had a lot to do with trying to block them from coming to "up" to our conference and declining ESPiN's TV contract. Now I also found out via this thread that the ACC wanted us? Oh hell that would've been great. I like this conference, I feel we're underrated (not our offense, but that's another rant), but like everyone has stated, we lost that lottery.

And as far as now being "down" to their level, I wouldn't complain about scoring 30+points every game (again) AND winning them. And Gameday even talked about giving their co-championship claim legitimacy. I would like to have the spotlight on us like it is east of here.

I'm stoked about the opportunity to derail their season and even though I don't feel like we have a great chance of doing so, but games are played on the **** field and we have the talent to win and win big.  ucf has done a great job of capitalizing on the opportunities provided them; we have not. However, we're in the same conference and have the same ability to lift ourselves into the spotlight and Friday is a great opportunity to do just that.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Tim Brown said:

Seems like there are many layers of history being revisited.  While I will not dismiss the possibility that Genshaft was culpable in this tragic error, I refuse to not lay blame on Pitt, Syracuse, and ESPN.  Pitt and Syracuse had one foot out the door...