• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

the question is how many minutes does he get off the bench & whether or not playing bench minutes for a Power 5 team is better for his future aspirations than playing starter minutes at a mid-major.

Serious question, have many P6 bench players been drafted by the NBA?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Doubt very many.  Maybe in a rare situation of a really deep team.   This is more about chasing money and maybe a shot at being on a national title team 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably more HS players 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

the question is how many minutes does he get off the bench & whether or not playing bench minutes for a Power 5 team is better for his future aspirations than playing starter minutes at a mid-major.

u have to ask yourself— does playing 25-30 mpg as starter at USF with a few reg season games broadcast on ESPNU/ESPN+ and a NIT berth as the likely postseason ceiling get him more exposure than playing 15-20 mpg off the bench at a decent Power Conference school that has a few reg season games broadcast on national television (ABC/ESPN) & most of the rest broadcast on ESPNU/ESPN+ with the potential postseason ceiling being an NCAAT berth & all the national exposure that brings.

& that doesnt even address differences in NIL money.

classic big fish/small pond, small fish/big pond dilemma. 

does he want to be the best player on a minor league team with minimal national visibility & (possibly) less money or a strong rotation player/6th man at a power conference school that gets more national visibility with a higher ceiling & (possibly) more or at least the same money as he’d get at the former?

i think the answer is clear. this is a business, Kasean knows it’s a business & he understands that he could be Michael Jordan but if he plays at USF instead of UNC far fewer ppl are going to see it or take the accomplishments as seriously, especially the people he WANTS to see it (NBA & other pro scouts).

sucks. Kasean was my favorite player. my 13yo son’s as well. we bonded watching the Bulls play this year when he had never shown interest in attending live sporting events in the past.

but these kids are just doing what they think is best to actually make a career out of athletics. cant blame him for taking a chance on himself.

The problem is that Pryor got visibility here. So, going to a bigger school would not necessarily give him more visibility. He got the attention after the Memphis game and scouts started paying attention. If staying here would have given him more playing time, then the visibility would be greater here as well because of the opportunity to see more of him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

Just thought I'd mention that Vlad Goldin is officially at Michigan.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Can we ban the phrase "can't blame him for.../ can't blame the players for..." from TBP? It's beginning to be overused. If this is a business, then we can stop looking at these players like kids who have a genuine desire to play college ball while getting a free education for the team that put a lot of time, resources, and efforts into bringing them to USF. They have no loyalty to our program/ school. Players today are loyal to the dollar and that's it. So when I'm looking for someone to blame, I'm going to blame the athlete who chooses to leave USF to get money and attention for himself. That's what I'm going to do, don't fault me for having my own opinion, everyone else on here can do as they please. I won't criticize you for it, I'm only critical of the overused phrasing lol.

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Can we ban the phrase "can't blame him for.../ can't blame the players for..." from TBP? It's beginning to be overused. If this is a business, then we can stop looking at these players like kids who have a genuine desire to play college ball while getting a free education for the team that put a lot of time, resources, and efforts into bringing them to USF. They have no loyalty to our program/ school. Players today are loyal to the dollar and that's it. So when I'm looking for someone to blame, I'm going to blame the athlete who chooses to leave USF to get money and attention for himself. That's what I'm going to do, don't fault me for having my own opinion, everyone else on here can do as they please. I won't criticize you for it, I'm only critical of the overused phrasing lol.

you just need to realize that this is now pro sports. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Huh?  Why would you blame a player who transferred here, helped turn the program around and won a conference championship??  USF got as much out of these kids as they got from USF.  Unless you are volunteering to help them financially later in life, post-playing career, can't make any comments on their decision to provide for themselves and family. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

16 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Players today are loyal to the dollar

Two way street.

Fans will become loyal to the dollar.

• Upvote 1