• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I could be 100% wrong about this, but I think Pryor will regret this move. I think if he goes to a power 5 team he will come of the bench.

He probably will. He’s not ready for the NBA (may never be) and there’s always a risk of being signed to another team as a depth piece.  

It’s a sucky space to be in. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s all about development at this point. As mentioned in another thread, despite these huge losses, the cupboard isn’t empty IF there is continued development from guys like Walker, Tobiloba, Knox and Reid. Reynolds is a legit big, Brown could be an impact freshman and Coach Amir knows what he has in Jennings and Stroud. If they’re all here in the fall, that’s a solid eight to build around. Bring in his nephew from Georgia, Coach Oliver’s son, and a few more solid guys and you have a competitive club.

I'll hold off for @panchosanchez99 assessment once the team is put together. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Im not against the players making some money, but there needs to be rules and a cap on how much each player can make. Right now it’s just crazy how players jump from one school to the next to the next. It’s like free agency but without the rules of free agency. IMO it takes a lot of fun out of college athletics.

Even the big name schools like Ohio State, ND, etc are losing players to other schools whose boosters will overpay for a player. We just need a billionaire booster to help us buy National Championship quality teams each year. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,078
  • Days Won:  39

12 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Im not against the players making some money, but there needs to be rules and a cap on how much each player can make. Right now it’s just crazy how players jump from one school to the next to the next. It’s like free agency but without the rules of free agency. IMO it takes a lot of fun out of college athletics.

Even the big name schools like Ohio State, ND, etc are losing players to other schools whose boosters will overpay for a player. We just need a billionaire booster to help us buy National Championship quality teams each year. 

It's basically over but we are trying to eek out a little fun here and there while it catches on fire.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's basically over but we are trying to eke out a little fun here and there while it catches on fire.

I still love going to games, tailgating, spending time with friends/family, but no longer get too invested in a player or coach. Just too much movement with players going from school to school. The only way it changes is if enough of the big money schools want it to change. I miss the old days of players being somewhat loyal to a school. Now everything is just a business transaction 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,078
  • Days Won:  39

38 minutes ago, Brad said:

He probably will. He’s not ready for the NBA (may never be) and there’s always a risk of being signed to another team as a depth piece.  

It’s a sucky space to be in. 

I was thinking he would need to work on his post game a lot more and then maybe would be a massive threat due to his ability to also shoot from outside.  I am just a guy though.  It would be a lot tougher to play defense against the big guys in the NBA...  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

He didn't "rebuild" either. He came in with 3 of his players he had already been coaching (one being a defensive POY and the later to be named co-POY CY. He had Miguel become a really good player either through his own pre-destined development or maybe through CAAR and staff's coaching. CAAR also got Pryor who was a tremendous factor on the court and probably played above his level at times when he was on and was also lights out from the FT line (a previous problem for USF basketball). CAAR came in with a few aces in his pocket, a crappy conference and a bit of luck. Great season but I wouldn't say he "rebuilt", this next season will be a rebuild.

I agree with most of what you said, except for it being a crappy conference and luck. Many analysts talked about how good the conference was and I agree. Memphis got to 10th by beating a lot of power 5 schools. Other teams in our conference had quite a few wins against power 5 schools and schools with higher net rankings. For example, we beat schools in our conference with higher net rankings. We also beat FSU, UCF, and Loyola, who I believe had a higher net ranking. FAU also beat Loyola and 3 power 5 schools. UAB beat Maryland. SMU beat West Virginia and FSU. North Texas beat LSU, and Tulane beat Cal. And we beat up on each other.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

No way Coach rebuilds 2 yrs in a row with same success. I'd like to be wrong but....

You will be wrong. 🙂

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I agree with most of what you said, except for it being a crappy conference and luck. Many analysts talked about how good the conference was and I agree. Memphis got to 10th by beating a lot of power 5 schools. Other teams in our conference had quite a few wins against power 5 schools and schools with higher net rankings. For example, we beat schools in our conference with higher net rankings. We also beat FSU, UCF, and Loyola, who I believe had a higher net ranking. FAU also beat Loyola and 3 power 5 schools. UAB beat Maryland. SMU beat West Virginia and FSU. North Texas beat LSU, and Tulane beat Cal. And we beat up on each other.

We were a 1 bid conference (got 2 because UAB won the tourney)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It's basically over but we are trying to eek out a little fun here and there while it catches on fire.

It was fun while it lasted.

Blinking Evil Eye GIF by Christina Lu

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...