• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

You will be wrong. 🙂

I see a lot of question marks with the new roster.  We can hope for the best, but I don't see a freshman coming in and immediately picking up where Youngblood or Miguel left off.  Yes, they might be talented, but they will need time and conditioning to get close to where we were this season.  

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Just the new era in college athletics. Wish them well & thanks for a fun season. Go Bulls!!

Exactly, the portal giveth and the portal taketh away.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I see a lot of question marks with the new roster.  We can hope for the best, but I don't see a freshman coming in and immediately picking up where Youngblood or Miguel left off.  Yes, they might be talented, but they will need time and conditioning to get close to where we were this season.  

Reid did it. Is he the only freshman in the country that could do it? Also, Kasen Jennings returns from his injury. He is not a freshman, and he is really, really good.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

Jennings shot 38% from deep each of his last 2 seasons at KSU. He also shot 74% and 79% from FT. Assuming we do not lose any more players, it will not be a rebuilding year; it's will be reloading year.

For me, I see Brown, Jennings, and Reynolds as adequate replacements, if not better, for CY, Pryor, and Miguel.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Jennings shot 38% from deep each of his last 2 seasons at KSU. He also shot 74% and 79% from FT. Assuming we do not lose any more players, it will not be a rebuilding year; it's will be reloading year.

For me, I see Brown, Jennings, and Reynolds as adequate replacements, if not better, for CY, Pryor, and Miguel.

Great stuff! Thanks! Now I’m already looking forward to next season. And this time I do believe USF is going to the Big Dance. Looking forward to hearing the out of conference schedule updates as I believe USF will be invited to a good preseason tournament.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

With our lower level conference, it shouldn't take much to remain competitive 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming..

viggo mortensen GIF by Maudit

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

32 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Completely agree about not being a rebuilding year IF we don't have any more losse,s and may go as far as agreeing with the adequate replacements but nothing indicates they're going to be better ....... especially when you factor in CY's leadership role. Who do you see taking over that role, Jennings, Kobe?

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

especially when you factor in CY's leadership role. Who do you see taking over that role, Jennings, Kobe?

That's going to be a tough spot to fill...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Completely agree about not being a rebuilding year IF we don't have any more losse,s and may go as far as agreeing with the adequate replacements but nothing indicates they're going to be better ....... especially when you factor in CY's leadership role. Who do you see taking over that role, Jennings, Kobe?

I think it will be an interesting season. We’ve always had decent talent. Like with Gregory we lost a bunch a games by a couple points and we sucked at the free throw line. You turn that upside down and he would probably still be here.

The difference this season was that we had two clutch players that always hit the shot we needed either during a comeback win or to keeps us ahead to win it. 
Reid showed flashes of being clutch in a couple games, he has to get better at creating his own shot though. 

I currently don’t see anyone on our roster being Youngblood type.I think if we get Amir’s nephew he could be that guy, he is a tall shooting guard at 6’8” and from the highlights I have seen he bullied smaller guards in the paint and the coach ran very similar plays like Amir ran for Youngblood to get him decent 3 point looks.

Edited by Cmr3