• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

So FAU was able to keep the final four team together this year. Does that mean they have more NIL $$$? 

That is the thing. FAU got to the final 4 while USF got bounced in the 2nd round of the NIT. Maybe things would be different if that was reversed 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

That is the thing. FAU got to the final 4 while USF got bounced in the 2nd round of the NIT. Maybe things would be different if that was reversed 

Well said BM!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The Boca boys got paid.

Interesting ........ link?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

No way Coach rebuilds 2 yrs in a row with same success. I'd like to be wrong but....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

2 minutes ago, mjadams said:

No way Coach rebuilds 2 yrs in a row with same success. I'd like to be wrong but....

He didn't "rebuild" either. He came in with 3 of his players he had already been coaching (one being a defensive POY and the later to be named co-POY CY. He had Miguel become a really good player either through his own pre-destined development or maybe through CAAR and staff's coaching. CAAR also got Pryor who was a tremendous factor on the court and probably played above his level at times when he was on and was also lights out from the FT line (a previous problem for USF basketball). CAAR came in with a few aces in his pocket, a crappy conference and a bit of luck. Great season but I wouldn't say he "rebuilt", this next season will be a rebuild.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  356
  • Content Count:  4,102
  • Days Won:  56

It’s all about development at this point. As mentioned in another thread, despite these huge losses, the cupboard isn’t empty IF there is continued development from guys like Walker, Tobiloba, Knox and Reid. Reynolds is a legit big, Brown could be an impact freshman and Coach Amir knows what he has in Jennings and Stroud. If they’re all here in the fall, that’s a solid eight to build around. Bring in his nephew from Georgia, Coach Oliver’s son, and a few more solid guys and you have a competitive club.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s all about development at this point. As mentioned in another thread, despite these huge losses, the cupboard isn’t empty IF there is continued development from guys like Walker, Tobiloba, Knox and Reid. Reynolds is a legit big, Brown could be an impact freshman and Coach Amir knows what he has in Jennings and Stroud. If they’re all here in the fall, that’s a solid eight to build around. Bring in his nephew from Georgia, Coach Oliver’s son, and a few more solid guys and you have a competitive club.

I agree. I think if Amir’s nephew comes in we might be a different team as in bigger and more physical in most of the positions.We just need that guy that will make shots when we really need them like Youngblood and Miguel did.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  1

I could be 100% wrong about this, but I think Pryor will regret this move. I think if he goes to a power 5 team he will come of the bench.

• Topic Count:  356
  • Content Count:  4,102
  • Days Won:  56

4 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I agree. I think if Amir’s nephew comes in we might be a different team as in bigger and more physical in most of the positions.We just need that guy that will make shots when we really need them like Youngblood and Miguel did.  

I just posted a highlight reel of Dante Oliver - Asst. Coach Desmond Oliver’s son. Check it out. Looks like a shot maker to me. Maybe not as a freshman, but eventually. Wonder why/if he’s not already committed. And CJ Brown is a potential three-level scorer.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

If this is primarily about NIL, which hopefully it is, it's got little to nothing to do with the conference. It's about the relative maturity/size of the donor base ....

If it’s about NIL however, you have to include disinterest in the equation.