• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Who do you see taking over that role, Jennings, Kobe?

Perhaps the KSU guys in Jennings and Stroud.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Completely agree about not being a rebuilding year IF we don't have any more losse,s and may go as far as agreeing with the adequate replacements but nothing indicates they're going to be better

The reason I say maybe better are as follows:

1. Except for ball handling skills, which I have not had the opportunity to see, Reynolds is a better skilled player than Pryor. He is bigger, a better leaper, quicker, and has better footwork than Pryor, especially in the post. He looks to also have a better touch and can shoot with either hand in the post with accuracy. And although it is only a small sample (5-11), he may be a better shooter from deep as well. I would bet money any day that anyone who can go out on the court and hit 5-11 3s is a good 3-pt shooter.

2. As for replacing Miguel, my eyes tell me that Jennings is a quicker version of everything Miguel brought to the table.

3. CY was as good as they come to being a pure shooter. While I think Brown is not as good in that category, he is a more dynamic and quicker player who I think is better than CY at finishing around the rim.

So, maybe when CY, Miguel, and Pryor sat down with CAAR and they talked about making the difficult decision to stay or get more money, he probably told them that he would hate to see them leave but that he supports their desire to take care of their families. And he probably finished it off by saying "don't worry, we got it covered."

I'll tell you what, next year may be the year to worry, with Brown and Reid entering the portal.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

58 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I think it will be an interesting season. We’ve always had decent talent. Like with Gregory we lost a bunch a games by a couple points and we sucked at the free throw line. You turn that upside down and he would probably still be here.

The difference this season was that we had two clutch players that always hit the shot we needed either during a comeback win or to keeps us ahead to win it. 
Reid showed flashes of being clutch in a couple games, he has to get better at creating his own shot though. 

I currently don’t see anyone on our roster being Youngblood type.I think if we get Amir’s nephew he could be that guy, he is a tall shooting guard at 6’8” and from the highlights I have seen he bullied smaller guards in the paint and the coach ran very similar plays like Amir ran for Youngblood to get him decent 3 point looks.

Would be nice if he got better there but not really that concerned about him creating his own shots if he's the starting pg. I think his value is in distributing the ball, 3 pt shooting and defense, and that should only get better the more experience he gets ..... and he was definitely clutch several time this year.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Who do you see taking over that role, Jennings, Kobe?

33 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Perhaps the KSU guys in Jennings and Stroud.

Forgot about Stroud, definitely a candidate ...

16 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I'll tell you what, next year may be the year to worry, with Brown and Reid entering the portal.

Honestly, that's just going to be a way of life going forward every year unless they get this **** under some kind of control ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think it will be an interesting season.

At least we're talking about it...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Would be nice if he got better there but not really that concerned about him creating his own shots if he's the starting pg.

Agreed.  It's even less important in the kind of offense CAAR runs.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

I read that Coach used to be a recruiting coordinator earlier in his career.  That is very impressive and should help him navigate these new times we're in.  I think he has shown the ability to adjust and get winning players.  It's unfortunate to lose our Top 3 (and Placer) but we got some talent coming back and I am excited about our big man from Cincy! Add a few scorers and see what happens...

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249

On 4/10/2024 at 9:31 PM, Cmr3 said:

I could be 100% wrong about this, but I think Pryor will regret this move. I think if he goes to a power 5 team he will come of the bench.

the question is how many minutes does he get off the bench & whether or not playing bench minutes for a Power 5 team is better for his future aspirations than playing starter minutes at a mid-major.

u have to ask yourself— does playing 25-30 mpg as starter at USF with a few reg season games broadcast on ESPNU/ESPN+ and a NIT berth as the likely postseason ceiling get him more exposure than playing 15-20 mpg off the bench at a decent Power Conference school that has a few reg season games broadcast on national television (ABC/ESPN) & most of the rest broadcast on ESPNU/ESPN+ with the potential postseason ceiling being an NCAAT berth & all the national exposure that brings.

& that doesnt even address differences in NIL money.

classic big fish/small pond, small fish/big pond dilemma. 

does he want to be the best player on a minor league team with minimal national visibility & (possibly) less money or a strong rotation player/6th man at a power conference school that gets more national visibility with a higher ceiling & (possibly) more or at least the same money as he’d get at the former?

i think the answer is clear. this is a business, Kasean knows it’s a business & he understands that he could be Michael Jordan but if he plays at USF instead of UNC far fewer ppl are going to see it or take the accomplishments as seriously, especially the people he WANTS to see it (NBA & other pro scouts).

sucks. Kasean was my favorite player. my 13yo son’s as well. we bonded watching the Bulls play this year when he had never shown interest in attending live sporting events in the past.

but these kids are just doing what they think is best to actually make a career out of athletics. cant blame him for taking a chance on himself.

Edited by TRUTH D. Antagonist
dissertation revision

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249

9 hours ago, BigSteve said:

Add a few scorers and see what happens...

easier said than done unfortunately.