• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think we might be better without him to be honest.He’ll be riding the bench at a P5 school, he won’t come back. Coaches are going to tell him what he wants to hear and he will bite. I wish him the Best, But he would have been better of here here to further his basketball career.

I could be wrong, but something tells me I’m right about Pryor situation.

Miguel and Youngblood have better chances of getting a good amount of playing time at P5 schools. 

I agree with you on Pryor.  I was surprised he left and I do think he was better off staying (but it's his decision and I completely respect it).  I will be surprised if he comes close to duplicating last season's stats.  I see him coming off the bench at a P5 school.  I do think USF's new center Jamille Reynolds can fill the void and more.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Shockley3333 said:

Not sure how someone could say this. He single handedly won us 5 or more games this year. Sure, he got too out of control sometimes but, he'd sit during those times.

He had his moments but he’s not there yet. We really had no competition at his position and if he goes to a P5 team he will have a lot competition.He needs a lot playing time to grow into that frame. From what I read he had a late growth spurt and he hasn’t grown into it yet. That’s why he was way better of staying at USF.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I appreciate your feedback and honestly, we'll miss Youngblood but we have alot of talent otherwise to make up for the other 2 leaving. Jamille Reynolds should be able to play alot of minutes at center and I really like him.  CJ Brown has a chance to show what he can do with Placer/Miguel gone (Brown and Reid should be fun to watch together).  And Coach probably has a trick or two up his sleeve with the portal.  I know I was disappointed a week ago but I feel good about where the team goes from here...

Hey @BigSteve, I love your participation here and support for the Bulls.  

My comments aren’t based on hurt feelings about them leaving. It’s really just what I think about their overall upside.  

A great thing for Coach Abdur-Rahim now is he gets to show what he can do in the current environment.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hey @BigSteve, I love your participation here and support for the Bulls.  

My comments aren’t based on hurt feelings about them leaving. It’s really just what I think about their overall upside.  

A great thing for Coach Abdur-Rahim now is he gets to show what he can do in the current environment.

Coach isn't concerned so I don't think we should be concerned either.  I think sometimes we overvalue our own players.  Miguel and Pryor had their weaknesses. and Pryor wasn't a banger. Jamille is going to bang down low.

I have respect for all of the players who transferred.  If we were in their shoes, we'd probably do the same.  I like that we'll have some fresh faces next year and hopefully we'll be able to grow the NIL fund and retain some guys in the future. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I have respect for all of the players who transferred.  If we were in their shoes, we'd probably do the same.

I disagree for a number of reasons.  One is that it’s always better to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Also, and I hear kids today still say it that loyalty and building a legacy or leaving a legacy is important to them. But for so many more who get their brains warped in life, it’s all about me and it’s about the bag and it’s about me grabbing what I may never get to grab again and that’s kind of a… you know, empty life.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I disagree for a number of reasons.  One is that it’s always better to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Also, and I hear kids today still say it that loyalty and building a legacy or leaving a legacy is important to them. But for so many more who get their brains warped in life, it’s all about me and it’s about the bag and it’s about me grabbing what I may never get to grab again and that’s kind of a… you know, empty life.  

Players (I mean, student/athletes) tell fans what they want to hear, while their parents/friends/agents/former coaches/schools whisper in their ear to go get their money.  Very few players are worried about their legacy--they may say they do, but they could care less.  Armando Bacot at UNC is one example of a player who wanted to leave his legacy and did. 

Coaches say the same thing, but I don't see anyone blaming Coach for leveraging his interviews/interest in other coaching jobs.  Coach is playing the same game as the players but they are all "loyal".  Don't get me wrong, I love Coach but if he is successful this season, he'll be out the door if he gets an offer he likes.  Extensions mean nothing...  Look at FAU.

Coaches are employees subject to termination, not the players.  They are on short term contracts, not the players.  They build the programs, not the players.  They haul in money (when done right), not the players.  

Coaches have the ability to yank a scholarship.  Most don't because then the next recruit won't want to come.  So instead of yanking the scholarship, coaches make life hell for the player until he transfers or just leaves.

I thought Coaches had too much power before...  They bring players in and then jump ship and then the players are left trying to get out of their NLI (national letters of intent).  Now, I think the power has swung too much in the other direction where players leave for a whole host of unnecessary reasons.  It's the wild wild west and the NCAA has no power-- if NCAA steps in, the athlete just gets a lawyer.

The landscape has changed.  Coach has the right attitude and supported his guys who bolted.  Alot of older coaches got out for this reason--Coach K, Roy Williams, etc. (even Larranaga is getting pissed at Miami with the number of transfers).

Youngblood may never make as much $$$ as he will next season at Alabama.  There is no loyalty, but we can be loyal and hope it rubs off on the athletes and coaches to want to stay.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Name, image and likeness has changed the game when it comes to recruiting transfers

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

RELAX!!! 

• Like 1