• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You are expecting a twenty something to think like a 50-60 something.  Like I have stated many times and you have agreed per your statement above, many see this as their last opportunity to get their bag before the door closes.  At that age, get paid for all of your years of hard work, being remembered for a few years by a school in a far away state by some die hard fans is not a substitute for tall stacks, or medium stacks, cheddar talks and bs walks. 

life is short

tomorrow is  promised to no one

grab what you can today kids

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/14/2024 at 5:23 AM, Bull Matrix said:

They say money can be the root of all evil…….

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.  1 timothy 6:10

• Topic Count:  1,037
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, smazza said:

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.  1 timothy 6:10

People leave "the love of" out quite often.  Makes a big difference.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Coaches are employees subject to termination, not the players.  They are on short term contracts, not the players.  They build the programs, not the players.  They haul in money (when done right), not the players.  

Players are on 1 year renewable scholarships. Players get asked to leave programs all the time.

I'm not sure why people expect players to show loyalties to schools when schools don't reciprocate. Notice how we are complaining about the good players leaving and not the bad players that are "asked" to leave.

BTW all these players that we are complaining about leaving left other programs to come here

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

36 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Players are on 1 year renewable scholarships. Players get asked to leave programs all the time.

I'm not sure why people expect players to show loyalties to schools when schools don't reciprocate. Notice how we are complaining about the good players leaving and not the bad players that are "asked" to leave.

BTW all these players that we are complaining about leaving left other programs to come here

link

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Yes however if you can get more than you take more, that is the American way.

When handing out other people's money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

Some of us only talk about the topic at hand, not all over the board or about what we know nothing about.

Just because it's not talked about in a particular thread doesn't mean that those that disagree with you condone it.

Come to think of it, my academic scholarship at USF was year to year.  It wasn't guaranteed four years.  

I had no idea until now, I was getting ripped off by having to live up to my end of the deal.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I was a professor at USF for many years (Mike Stuben and Jim Louk were students of mine 😃). I was very involved in athletics (served on Athletics Council several times and two NCAA Certification Committees) and I was surprised to learn that athletic scholarships were year to year. I think this has been the case for a long time, as a friend, even older than I am, was on a baseball scholarship at Baylor in the prehistoric age and it was year to year. The portal has more than leveled that imbalance of power.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Come to think of it, my academic scholarship at USF was year to year.  It wasn't guaranteed four years.  

I had no idea until now, I was getting ripped off by having to live up to my end of the deal.

But unlike athletics, as long as you kept your GPA above a certain level, you kept your scholarship.  With Athletics, if there is a better player out there that they want, technically they don't have to renew a current player's scholarship.