• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

Any chance Pryor comes back? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

Any chance Pryor comes back? 

I think we might be better without him to be honest.He’ll be riding the bench at a P5 school, he won’t come back. Coaches are going to tell him what he wants to hear and he will bite. I wish him the Best, But he would have been better of here here to further his basketball career.

I could be wrong, but something tells me I’m right about Pryor situation.

Miguel and Youngblood have better chances of getting a good amount of playing time at P5 schools. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think we might be better without him to be honest.He’ll be riding the bench at a P5 school, he won’t come back. Coaches are going to tell him what he wants to hear and he will bite. I wish him the Best, But he would have been better of here here to further his basketball career.

I could be wrong, but something tells me I’m right about Pryor situation.

Miguel and Youngblood have better chances of getting a good amount of playing time at P5 schools. 

Not sure how someone could say this. He single handedly won us 5 or more games this year. Sure, he got too out of control sometimes but, he'd sit during those times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  306

Sad we won’t see any sideline face checks next season 😢

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

music video yo yos GIF

What a great turn this thread took!!!

• Upvote 1

Personal opinion:

Pryor - no defensive skills.  Doesn’t matter in the NBA, but I don’t think he’s a legit prospect at all. A true 6 man at best elsewhere.  

Miguel - Still needs to focus on skills development. Defense a weakness.  Most of us figured out early he has no left. Shsin foesn’t matter in NBA.  But also doubtful of any NBA potential.

Youngblood - My MVP of the team.  Solid fundamentals. Not bad size, but not the best size. Can make others better.

All these guys benefited from playing in a low level conference. I hope they don’t end up as role pieces or depth pieces on a P5 team.

Most likely to succeed?  Chris Youngblood.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pryor - no defensive skills.  Doesn’t matter in the NBA, but I don’t think he’s a legit prospect at all. A true 6 man at best elsewhere.

Brad, you surprised me with this. I think Pryor has above average defensive skills. Do you realize that he led the team in both blocks and steals (tied with Miguel and Reid)? I was also impressed with Pryor's ability to stay with smaller quick guards. Many times I saw them trying to get by him on their way to the basket and he was always quick enough to keep up and prevent them from taking a shot.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed that Pryor's ball handling improved tremendously during the last half of the season. I did not recall him bobbling/losing his dribbles or having balls bouncing off his hands like we say often early on. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Brad, you surprised me with this. I think Pryor has above average defensive skills. Do you realize that he led the team in both blocks and steals (tied with Miguel and Reid)? I was also impressed with Pryor's ability to stay with smaller quick guards. Many times I saw them trying to get by him on their way to the basket and he was always quick enough to keep up and prevent them from taking a shot.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed that Pryor's ball handling improved tremendously during the last half of the season. I did not recall him bobbling/losing his dribbles or having balls bouncing off his hands like we say often early on. 

I appreciate your challenge and I respect your position, but I do think he struggles to defend when the balls on the floor and anybody tries to drive from the three-point line inward. He is often caught on his heels.

From a strictly statistical viewpoint, yeah with those long arms, he can deflect balls and he can block shots.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

This is great content either way. I don't know a whole lot about basketball but these posts are fun to read. I like when yall break down the different styles, skills, etc. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Personal opinion:

Miguel - Still needs to focus on skills development. Defense a weakness.  Most of us figured out early he has no left. Shsin foesn’t matter in NBA.  But also doubtful of any NBA potential.

Youngblood - My MVP of the team.  Solid fundamentals. Not bad size, but not the best size. Can make others better.

All these guys benefited from playing in a low level conference. I hope they don’t end up as role pieces or depth pieces on a P5 team.

Most likely to succeed?  Chris Youngblood.  

I appreciate your feedback and honestly, we'll miss Youngblood but we have alot of talent otherwise to make up for the other 2 leaving. Jamille Reynolds should be able to play alot of minutes at center and I really like him.  CJ Brown has a chance to show what he can do with Placer/Miguel gone (Brown and Reid should be fun to watch together).  And Coach probably has a trick or two up his sleeve with the portal.  I know I was disappointed a week ago but I feel good about where the team goes from here...