• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noles fans covet Amir

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

45 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

To each his own; however, I think it means nothing because you are pretty much saying that you think God favored you over the other players or the other teams. So does he believe that he has won because God preferred him to win? 

Maybe instead he's praising him for blessing him with the talent to coach up the young men with whom he's been entrusted? That's how I take it when athletes praise the big man upstairs, for giving them the abilities they've been blessed with as a base to build off of.

• Like 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,998
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I totally agree that CAAR should be his authentic self and praise whomever he wishes.  Just to stir the pot, my guess is that many would be questioning him if he said Praise be to Allah or our Prophet Muhammad??

Pretty sure he mentioned Allah once.  But that wasn’t my point. There are people (teachers and students) in institutions of higher learning that are not tolerant and consider public worship threatening.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pretty sure he mentioned Allah once.  But that wasn’t my point. There are people (teachers and students) in institutions of higher learning that are not tolerant and consider public worship threatening.  

True but people are threatened by almost anything at this point.  What can be done except meteor?

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

That’s our sole hope.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,536
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, theman123 said:

That may be the sentiment of FSU fans at the moment, but if Leonard Hamilton really does exit after this season, I'm certain their administration will be interested in AAR. 

I'm thinking Willie is too fresh in their mind .....

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

39 minutes ago, Brad said:

He keeps winning and he can literally do whatever the **** he wants, he can preach Scientology in his underwear and I would still cheer him on.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,536
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

To each his own; however, I think it means nothing because you are pretty much saying that you think God favored you over the other players or the other teams. So does he believe that he has won because God preferred him to win? 

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Maybe instead he's praising him for blessing him with the talent to coach up the young men with whom he's been entrusted? That's how I take it when athletes praise the big man upstairs, for giving them the abilities they've been blessed with as a base to build off of.

I like this explanation. I understand where pancho is coming from in regards to what athletes have said at times but I think this really fits CAAR's point ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He keeps winning and he can literally do whatever the **** he wants, he can preach Scientology in his underwear and I would still cheer him on.

👍🏻I agree. Sometimes I just can’t help it and stir the 🍯

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I can see many schools being turned off by his “religious” praise and honor.  If we weren’t winning, many here would be cheapshotting him.  

If he wasn't winning you wouldn't be hearing that. It's rare when the losing coach starts off an interview with "all praise and glory to the most high".

Not aware.