• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Looks like we started something. Memphis falls to UAB 88-97, third loss in a row ......... I wish we had another shot at UAB in the regular season.

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

That is not good for us. Memphis likely to drop out of the top 25, and our win against them doesn't look as good now as it did a week ago.  The positive thing about it is Memphis looks vulnerable and I like our chances to get another win against them if we play them in the AAC tournament.

I think it is good for us. Although we're looking at all these at-large scenarios, reality is our best path to the NCAA's is winning the conf tournament. Finishing in the top 4 would be huge because of the byes, and losses pushing teams further away from the top is a good thing. That loss put Memphis in 6th place.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

We need to slow our roll, we have to go into the “Super Pit” on Saturday and play a very difficult road test against one of the best College teams in North Texas!  The environment is very similar to the Cameron crazies at Duke, and will be a challenge like no other so far this year, buckle up for an instant classic!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Let’s say things break right & USF wins the rest of the regular season games and then makes it to the AAC finals. I do believe this warrants an NCAA bid no matter what happens during that AAC title game. Hopefully we see AAC get 3 to 4 teams in the NCAAs this season. 

That is about the only scenario where I see USF getting an at-large bid. We won't be able to overcome our incredibly weak non-conference schedule and our relatively weak conference slate. The lesson learned from the NET rankings is that you have to try and schedule harder OOC games. I know it is easier said than done, but we should be targeting some mid-tier SEC and ACC matchups. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

47 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We need to slow our roll, we have to go into the “Super Pit” on Saturday and play a very difficult road test against one of the best College teams in North Texas!  The environment is very similar to the Cameron crazies at Duke, and will be a challenge like no other so far this year, buckle up for an instant classic!

Even before that we have to win on the road at ECU Wednesday. If we pull that off, it will be our first 3 road game winning streak since 2013-2014 and our first in-conference 3 game road winning streak since the 1998-1999 season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think it is good for us. Although we're looking at all these at-large scenarios, reality is our best path to the NCAA's is winning the conf tournament. Finishing in the top 4 would be huge because of the byes, and losses pushing teams further away from the top is a good thing. That loss put Memphis in 6th place.

Certainly true at this point. Keeping Memphis out of the top 4 and having them playing an extra tournament game might end up being a plus, (if I am understanding correctly how the the AAC tournament works with its double byes).

Memphis now no longer ranked in both polls. FAU still ranked but barely. I do think  based on recent results in the AAC at this point our only way in will be an AAC championship. While FAU and Memphis based on their OOC wins are still probable to get bids if they don't win the AAC ( presuming they keep winning) I think for everyone else in the AAC their only way in at this point is by winning an AAC championship. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,364
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

UNT is a good basketball add for the AAC. With that said, USF needs to take care of business against ECU on Wednesday and then keep winning in Denton…….

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,364
  • Days Won:  43

And after USF beats ECU & UNT this week. I’m going to go ahead & put them in my top 25….

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

UNT is a good basketball add for the AAC. With that said, USF needs to take care of business against ECU on Wednesday and then keep winning in Denton…….

I hope you realized my post was littered with hyperbole and outright sarcasm, UNT has a good team this year but overall they are not a good add in any sport. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

And after USF beats ECU & UNT this week. I’m going to go ahead & put them in my top 25….

If we win those we will deserve it. ECU is going to be very tough. Let’s start there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

keep winning