• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

Just took a look at the basketball rankings and USF isn't even getting votes? I know there's too many teams, but what a crock. Creighton is ranked #17 and has a worse record than us. They also lost two out of their 3 games against ranked opponents. Also, a 69-48 loss to an unranked Colo. St... What's up with that? I'm gonna have a hard time following college basketball if this is how it works. Seems way worse than the old CFB ranking system. Please discuss.

Edited by BULLSHTR
EDIT: Correction, their record isn't worse than us (both have 5 losses, and they have more wins—worse conference record—better conference)... still, we have a better ranked win with our triumph over Memphis on the road.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

At this point I think it is still normal that we aren't ranked or getting votes. FAU is barely ranked at this point. Keep winning and beat a ranked FAU and than maybe we can talk

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  297

We’re in a lower-tier basketball conference. Right or wrong, Creighton gets a boost for being in the Big East. Who cares about rankings. Just win, baby!

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

19 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Just took a look at the basketball rankings and USF isn't even getting votes? I know there's too many teams, but what a crock. Creighton is ranked #17 and has a worse record than us. They also lost two out of their 3 games against ranked opponents. Also, a 69-48 loss to an unranked Colo. St... What's up with that? I'm gonna have a hard time following college basketball if this is how it works. Seems way worse than the old CFB ranking system. Please discuss.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Not so surprising.  Central Michigan, Hofstra, Maine and UMass not ranked either even though they all have at least one good win by those criteria.  But it really doesn't much matter if we keep winning through the season and the AAC Tournament.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

If a 15-5 Virginia, 3rd in the ACC, isn’t getting Top 25 votes, a 12-5 South Florida of the lowly AAC isn’t even close. 

Virginia has wins over Florida (Votes), then-ranked #14 Texas A&M.

Virginia has losses vs #13 Wisconsin, @ #19 Memphis, @ Notre Dame, @ NC State (Votes), & @ Wake Forest. 

There are numerous teams out there in better conferences, with stronger strength of schedule, with similar records as USF who are not receiving votes or currently ranked in the Top 25.

If USF was 17-0 and went 18-0 after today, we’d have an argument if we weren't at least receiving votes.

We will never be ranked this season and I’ll repeat for those who aren’t listening or don’t understand how this works, USF will not make the tournament this season with our minimum of 5 losses unless we win the AAC tournament to receive the automatic qualifier. It’s just the way it works. Need to play better opponents and beat those better opponents to make it or run the table with 1 or maybe 2 losses. 

Edited by USFBulls12
Typo
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

If a 15-5 Virginia, 3rd in the ACC, isn’t getting Top 25 votes, a 12-5 South Florida of the lowly AAC isn’t even close. 

Virginia has losses vs #13 Wisconsin, @ #19 Memphis, @ Notre Dame, @ NC State (Votes), & @ Wake Forest. 

There are numerous teams out there in better conferences, with stronger strength of schedule, with similar records as USF who are not receiving votes or currently ranked in the Top 25.

If USF was 17-0 and went 18-0 after today, we’d have an argument if we weren't at least receiving votes.

We will never be ranked this season and I’ll repeat for those who aren’t listening or don’t understand how this works, USF will not make the tournament this season with our minimum of 5 losses unless we win the AAC tournament to receive the automatic qualifier. It’s just the way it works. Need to play better opponents and beat those better opponents to make it or run the table with 1 or maybe 2 losses. 

Well, by standings, we are currently tied for 2nd with FAU. If Tulane can pull out a win today, we will move into 1st. This would be a pretty good start for a team that was ranked to finish 9th. Things don't always turn out the way people predict. Charlotte is currently 1st and USF 2nd. Charlotte was predicted to finish 13th. Still lots of games to be played, though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

We beat #10 Memphis so USF>VA.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Well, by standings, we are currently tied for 2nd with FAU. If Tulane can pull out a win today, we will move into 1st. This would be a pretty good start for a team that was ranked to finish 9th. Things don't always turn out the way people predict. Charlotte is currently 1st and USF 2nd. Charlotte was predicted to finish 13th. Still lots of games to be played, though.

While true, none of that has anything to do with what he posted

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471

3 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I hear ya. I guess my question is becoming "Why do they only rank the top 25 in MBB, if the NCAA tournament has 64 teams?" If the answer is because the rankings don't matter, then why do them at all? Honestly asking, i've never followed college hoops.