• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This is not the resume of a top 25 team:

BBALLNET.COM

2024 South Fla. Quad wins for NCAA College Basketball. NET rankings...

You can’t lose to Maine and Central Michigan and expect anything good to come of that. There are 300+ teams and at least 100 other teams that have empirically and demonstrably performed better than USF thus far in the season. This team also hasn’t played many quality teams while many other teams do so on a day to day basis. That's a big factor and part of why this team isn’t ranked. While great by our standards, there are a lot of other teams that are better. Just win the conference tourney.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

We shall see  if USF gets any votes we when the next rankings come out later today or tomorrow 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

There’s only one path to the Big Dance for us, but it doesn’t dampen what’s happening right now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think it is adorable that some of you think we should be ranked. Tell me you didn't follow college basketball before this season without telling me you didn't follow college basketball before this season. 

There is no "some of you". Just the OP questioned it but later kind of broadened it out to MBB rankings in general. Everyone else posting gets why we shouldn't be ranked at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726
  • Days Won:  0

Not saying we should be ranked, but I'm pretty sure today's team would win most (all?) of the 5 games they lost earlier this season when Coach and the team were figuring out the chemistry. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can keep this thing rolling all the way to a conference championship. 🤘

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170

Also remember it is always better to lose earlier in the season.  if this team runs the table the rest of the way and finishes 24-5 and has a strong showing in the conference tournament.  They would deserve a 11 or 12 seed.  IMO

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471

10 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think it is adorable that some of you think we should be ranked. Tell me you didn't follow college basketball before this season without telling me you didn't follow college basketball before this season. 

I… ummm… literally said I’m new to following college hoops.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

18 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

@BULLSHTR

They do the same for college football, a Top 25. I think it's just an arbitrary number they decided on a long time ago. They had to pick some number to create a system. It helps boost ratings and ticket sales when the hype comes along with having a ranking next to your name. College football doesn't allow 25 teams into their playoff system but they still use it so that's why there's no point in having a Top 68 ranking geared toward the March Madness tournament. There are websites that will "rank" teams based on certain criteria and you can look at every team's "rank". But there are multiple forms of the Top 25 rankings in college sports.

image.png.8c7d605b58d8badb8c384a282161ce64.png

WWW.NCAA.COM

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the NET Rankings, Associated Press and USA Today Coaches poll.

Use the drop down box on the top left of the page.

From that drop down box, where does the Top 16 Committee Ranking below come from? Is THE Committee working at this point in the season ....?

image.thumb.png.3e0dc5d5844a8383c8e7aa0e46e92902.png

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571

classic tBP green n gold material here ...

program shows signs of a pulse for first time in half a decade and its Dance or bust

Edited by psteazy
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, monktified said:

Also remember it is always better to lose earlier in the season.  if this team runs the table the rest of the way and finishes 24-5 and has a strong showing in the conference tournament.  They would deserve a 11 or 12 seed.  IMO

Probably not deserve .... The conference looks more and more meh as the season wears on.  Running the table and a "strong showing in the conference tournament" (whatever that means) probably guarantees NIT.  An at large bid is still a long shot, but winning the tournament looks like a legit possibility with the way we're playing.