• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So nothing special.

They haven't played the Bulls yet.  That is the measuring stick for greatness this season.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't follow them but has FAU done anything this year to deserve their ranking or is it because they made the final four last year?

Here's a nice, concise look at what goes into the NET rankings ........ good luck.

WWW.NCAA.COM

Here's everything you need to know about college basketball's NET ranking system.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't follow them but has FAU done anything this year to deserve their ranking or is it because they made the final four last year?

3-1 in Quad 1 games and 3-1 in Quad 2 games. They’ve played and beat some very good teams.

BBALLNET.COM

2024 Fla. Atlantic Quad wins for NCAA College Basketball. NET...

• Upvote 2

Looks like we started something. Memphis falls to UAB 88-97, third loss in a row ......... I wish we had another shot at UAB in the regular season.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,474
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

We’ve moved up 6 spots from 122 to 116 in NET Ranking “through January 27th games”. 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

IMG_1981.jpeg

I guess i just didn't realize how important pre-season rankings are.

11-9 UNI from MVC? I don't even know WTF they are.

4 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

I guess i just didn't realize how important pre-season rankings are.

11-9 UNI from MVC? I don't even know WTF they are.

image.thumb.png.854c9023fe80e5af860441d2f035d876.png

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,474

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

image.thumb.png.854c9023fe80e5af860441d2f035d876.png

You Get Me Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

On 1/28/2024 at 6:20 AM, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

This is not the resume of a top 25 team:

BBALLNET.COM

2024 South Fla. Quad wins for NCAA College Basketball. NET rankings...

You can’t lose to Maine and Central Michigan and expect anything good to come of that. There are 300+ teams and at least 100 other teams that have empirically and demonstrably performed better than USF thus far in the season. This team also hasn’t played many quality teams while many other teams do so on a day to day basis. That's a big factor and part of why this team isn’t ranked. While great by our standards, there are a lot of other teams that are better. Just win the conference tourney.

This is a great look at our path the east of the way.  2 Quad 1 games and 2 Quad 2 games.  Obviously, win those games and the NET rises.  But lose any of those Quad 3 or 4 games and the drop in NET is significant.  The Maine, Central Michigan and Hofstra loses are killers in the grand scheme of the NET ranking.

Taking a Quick Look at Bracketology this morning and the last 4 in are Kansas St (74 NET), Boise St (56), Mississippi St (38), and Colorado (30).  First four out: Nevada (51), TCU (29), Ole Miss (57), and Cincy (32).  We currently sit at 116.  Lots of work to do.  I think even by winning out, our schedule strength simply won’t allow us to make up that much ground. Will getting to the Conference finals get it done?  Who knows?  Run the gauntlet to get there by beating 2 of the 3 Q1 teams, then maybe.  There are only 36 at large bids to give out, so you’ve got to be pretty elite to get one.  
Win the tourney and grab one of those 32 automatic bids and see what happens.  Anyway, it’s actually fun to be at the games and watch this team right now.  Enjoy the next 6 weeks of the regular season.  Go Bulls!  🤘

Edited by Plet205
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Plet205 said:

The Maine, Central Michigan and Hofstra losses are killers in the grand scheme of the NET ranking.

Is this a case, though, where if we somehow, someway get to a bubble team, the Committee would look at when those losses occurred, where the NET doesn't, and the circumstances involved, to give us some leeway?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is this a case, though, where if we somehow, someway get to a bubble team, the Committee would look at when those losses occurred, where the NET doesn't, and the circumstances involved, to give us some leeway?

I would imagine if we get to a bubble team that they would take that into consideration, but that's still a lot of ground to make up.