• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Stadium Glow Up: More Attractive to P4?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

6 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Coming back to this today as I think about CFB realignment and what's to come.  Is our new home going to be enough?  There's time to make adjustments!  

You are drawing some major big ten vibes….

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

What gets us into a better conference is one single thing: the ability for TV to make money off of our fanbase. 

Things like winning, ocs, game attendance, away game fan presence, etc all help in proving that there is ROI for any networks that want to advertise to our fans.

I was at the West Virginia game many moons ago at RJ packed to the rafters.. 

Win games and everything else falls into place.

We build a stadium and stop progressing or worse regress the stadium will do absolutely nothing to help the situation.

Win. Just win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

On 12/21/2023 at 8:42 AM, Friscobull said:

So in a nutshell you have no ideas and no suggestions except this is a bad idea.  We can speak in platitudes and business speak but in the end you dropped a word salad that said nothing except let’s research the issue.  I choose to enjoy the present day, tomorrow is no guarantee so no use in wallowing in what isn’t.

I’ve made countless lists of things that would be better investments, I’ve explained them in detail but yes ultimately there are plenty of ways to get more attractive to the p5 and still as has always been the case a stadium has never and will never be one of them. 

What will a stadium ever bring to a conference that makes them a single extra dollar or brings them any more attention? The answers are nothing and none which makes it unimportant. Additionally it brings nothing to us as the only people remotely excited about it are the people that already completely invested. 

To date no one has offered a single explanation of how this leads to p5 attractiveness and the entire thing seems to rest on UCF has one and they got in, which intentionally ignores the important and valuable things they did like have better hires, win bigger games, have national success and create national discussion.

We live in unprecedented times where you can literally buy better players and improve your team by next season. We also have teams undercutting their tv deals to buy themselves an edge or propelling themselves into the conversation simply by making hires.

The world is our oyster but we need to be bold and that pretty much never involves building projects years down the road, that’s a punt by people that know the clock will run out before they are expected to march down the field for the game winner they sold.

Expansion continues around us and even if a stadium is important, which we all know its not, would anyone actually think waiting three more years is a good idea to finally do something to make yourself attractive?

My argument is entirely based on living in the present and the stadium argument is entirely based on a future payoff everyone deep inside knows never actually is coming.

I’m not too sure that we couldn’t rely on religion helping us in independence a la BYU because this sounds an awful lot like religion.

They say in heaven power comes first, let’s make heaven a place on earth.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

27 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

I was at the West Virginia game many moons ago at RJ packed to the rafters.. 

We build a stadium and stop progressing or worse regress the stadium will do absolutely nothing to help the situation.

Win. Just win.

I was there too. A winning season or two isn't enough. 

Even Nick Saban said there must always be investment, even at Alabama.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

24 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

I was there too. A winning season or two isn't enough. 

Even Nick Saban said there must always be investment, even at Alabama.

True. 

I think when many of us lived or now reflect on that incredible time this does make sense:

53 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

But it does require effort and competency not greed and selfishness.  It requires investment, not ignorance.  It doesn’t happen on its own. We have learned that.

The rare second chance may be here.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

just win baby

it attracts eyes

everybody loves a winner

little else matters

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

The IPF was an investment that was necessary, and it was no small thing investment-wise.  It will increase our chances of winning and therefore conference realignment.  Where we play will not.  Look, I love the idea that we will play on campus and students will be able to walk to the game.  I will be proud and I contributed to it.  And, honestly, and I'm not trying to set up a false dichotomy, but winning is light years ahead of an OCS in terms of importance for conference realignment, if an OCS is even a criterion for realignment and no one has been able to prove it is.

OCS - desirable, but not sufficient

Winning - sufficient

The slowest guy on a track team looks around and thinks, "Man, these guys have their own brand new expensive track shoes and I'm trying to compete with borrowed  shoes.  If I had their shoes I could beat them and a better school will want me to run for them!"  But he is still the slowest guy on the team and the shoes never had anything to do with it and no one is recruiting him even with his brand new shoes.

Winning = needs

OCS = wants

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Additionally it brings nothing to us as the only people remotely excited about it are the people that already completely invested. 

Could be a false premise there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Could be a false premise there.

People like checking out the “new toy” even people who aren’t necessarily fans. The new stadium will bring in people who want to “check it out” in person. I have friends who are fans of other teams who have mentioned our stadium and how it will be cool to see. Our teams job is to win games while they are there so they want to come back. A new stadium alone isn’t the answer. A new stadium with an exciting team that wins games is the answer. If we could ever get back into a p4 conference things would explode! 

Our priorities need to be 

#1 Win games and put an exciting product on the field.

#2 OCS

#3 Get out of this conference 

I ranked them in that order since we can control numbers 1 and 2…#3 is more likely to happen if 1 and 2 take place  

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Our priorities need to be 

#1 Win games and put an exciting product on the field.

#2 OCS

#3 Get out of this conference 

I ranked them in that order since we can control numbers 1 and 2…#3 is more likely to happen if 1 and 2 take place  

Somewhere before #3 there needs to be "Keep growing donor base" ....