• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Stadium Glow Up: More Attractive to P4?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,055
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If we ever get in a power conference and we start playing blue bloods more consistently, will the bigger draws be moved to Ray Jay or is there going to room for expansion?

I'm looking at this design.  It appears that Seattle Seahawks section (which I love), could be replaced and filled in.  The whole visitor side could be beefed up. 

I wondered if the gaps in this design were totally intentional for a possible future expansion.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Days Won:  12

My hot take is the stadium is nice sure but they will really appreciate the revenue it can help generate

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

UCF would not be in the Big 12 without their stadium.

They would be if they had the same record for the last decade .....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

I’ll bite. There are less than 1000 people on earth that are impressed by this stadium and all of them were going to be going to the games anyway.

No one honestly believes this will have any impact on a conference and stadiums do not generate a single penny for anyone else in a conference (they rarely are a net positive venture for anyone unless they got the tax payers to pay for it).

The only reason anyone thinks a stadium is a determining factor is because our fans made fun of the bounce house for years and being sensitive to that they sold it as a determining factor. 

This idea has been mostly internet fodder and no conference has ever suggested or proven in action that they care about an OCS.

If any other program said they spent $350 million on this, called it state of the art and said it was going to help get them called up there would be no end to the laughing and every other fanbase is going to laugh at us equally as hard.

We found a way to build a below average stadium just like UCF (except we didn’t have to) but hey at least we found a way to do it more than a decade later and for 5x cost, so obviously better.

Everyone always thinks their baby is beautiful and special, but a lot of babies are ugly, unremarkable and just cost a lot of money while destroying your life. 

• Downvote 2
  • Crying 1

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly, if we switched every hire and switched every season with them and at the same time gave them both stadiums and both ipfs we would be in and they would be out… 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think the stadium is more important than the product we put on the field

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly! Their facilities are crap. Makes me wonder if big 12 did any real research or just selected the flavor of the month school in UCiF & cincy. Cincy is going to drop like a rock imo 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,055
  • Days Won:  38

8 hours ago, smazza said:

i dont think the stadium is more important than the product we put on the field

That was an assumption in the original premise though - looking at this stadium in a vacuum.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That was an assumption in the original premise though - looking at this stadium in a vacuum.

And no one is going to actually address that because deep down everyone knows the idea is absurd and that’s beyond the fact anyone with eyes can see the stadium is actually a $350 million vacuum- it sucks (the perfect blend of basic and expensive that one has come to expect from a VPMK athletics regime). It’s part time to stop pretending and to do something to change our direction.

They showed us these renderings with a $150 million price tag and we said no way that’s too cheap and we handed them back, they then took out a sharpie changed the one to a 3 and Mike said it’s perfect we’ll take it as long as you can make it take longer.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! Their facilities are crap. Makes me wonder if big 12 did any real research or just selected the flavor of the month school in UCiF & cincy. Cincy is going to drop like a rock imo 

In the last 10 years, they've been to 2 Fiesta and 1 Peach bowl while we've been relegated to Birmingham and Gasparilla bowls.  That's more than flavor of the month.  They've been the more successful program, as much as we hate to admit it.