• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls at UTSA Roadrunners

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm always hoping for a USF win. I bet the other way in case they don't. It isn't a lot of money but just a mental win when we lose - if that makes sense.

It does, I understand why some people hedge their bets like that but I can’t do it (instead of either way being happy either way I’d be angry and it would just not feel good to me; we all have to cope in our own ways though). 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

As soon as they figured out USF's offensive playbook (run up the middle, run up the middle, pass to Sean Atkins) it was over. 

This game was an indicator that we are not close to beating good passing teams yet.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

54 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This game was an indicator that we are not close to beating good passing teams yet.  

And the earlier blowouts were indicators that we aren't close to beating mediocre passing teams yet ...... lotsa work to be done in the off season.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Last time I saw joiner get a ball outside he went down with a DB arm tackle.   We need a lot more speed on offense.  My guess is we'll see it next year

He seems to slip a lot when he makes is cuts or goes down as you mentioned with n arm tackle. Can’t  sustain a big burst

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

We were lit up and embarrassed by a team on national tv. Hopefully the team doesn't quit and comes out for blood next week. Hungry legs feed the wolf.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

I think they need more creative plans for Joiner. He like Atkins are the type that can make something out of nothing. He looks fast as hell every time he is in open space. At this point it should be atkins, joiner, wright, Simmons and the top 4 to game plan around. 

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And the earlier blowouts were indicators that we aren't close to beating mediocre passing teams yet ...... lotsa work to be done in the off season.

What's weird is that the defense has been this bad for this long.  We've known it is THE issue but can't bring in anyone?

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think they need more creative plans for Joiner. He like Atkins are the type that can make something out of nothing. He looks fast as hell every time he is in open space. At this point it should be atkins, joiner, wright, Simmons and the top 4 to game plan around. 

Yes the playcalling and creativity...  I actually prefer the offense we were running with the interim coach and our last offensive coordinator.  I'm sure our rankings are better now so there's more upside, but we got nothing from a variety standpoint.

Maybe it was having all those good players that made it look better but Weaver was gone against UCF.

I like our tempo which is a huge advantage, but when we panic or get twisted up we just run it up the middle like a nervous tick and then do some run around backyard football thing.  

I'm not saying fire everyone or anything silly but UAB had all this misdirection and used their speed for example. 

Not sure what I am trying to say but we need an artist to come up with the one two punch here.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354

At some point some of you need to look around the room and realize this is what we are at this point.  We don't have the speed to do the things you say you want done (and the other teams aren't doing anything that different from us either.  Pointed that out last night).   We haven't lost 6 games because of our coaching or play calling ... we've won 5 because of our coaching and play calling.  Sit back and enjoy next week's win and our first bowl game in several years.   The future is bright

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

We're not as far away as you might think