• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your Opinion On If USF is Going Bowling This Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

We are still 3-3. Would have taken it before the season started even though today was poor. Today is disappointing but  still think its a one off. 

The FAU game is an important one, and our response will tell me a lot about this team and coaching staff.

I feel a bowl game is still likely.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

We are still 3-3. Would have taken it before the season started even though today was poor. Today is disappointing but  still think its a one off. 

The FAU game is an important one, and our response will tell me a lot about this team and coaching staff.

I feel a bowl game is still likely.

Yea our response to this game will tell alot. Still think 6 or so wins is still in play.  We haven't had a complete game yet.  We gotta start games better also. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

I'm down to 50/50 now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm down to 50/50 now.

So we're going bowling! Perfect

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Six games left and three wins needed: UCONN, CHARLOTTE & TEMPLE would satisfy the minimum requirement. So, I'd shift from possible to probable at this point. A win over our big in-state rival, FAU 🤣 , would advance the cause before having to wait until the last game of the season to dot the i's and cross the t's. 

Edited by WoolyBully
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Still hoping for a bowl game. Getting drubbed by UAB though has kind of put a black mark on the season... that one is going to sting for awhile. UAB... like even if we go bowling... we got destroyed by UA fricking B. 

Edited by Bullcocky

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

On 9/30/2023 at 6:59 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

Highly likely with the schedule ahead of us

I'm downgrading from highly likely to doable.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

Four of the six games are quite winnable (FAU, U Conn, Temple, and Charlotte) with three of those at home.

UTSA has not looked very strong, even with their QB back (struggled against Temple yesterday)... so that is "within reach" but being on the road on a short week puts it into the "unlikely" category.

Memphis is the longest reach. Not impossible, but not one I would put on the list.

Sure, USF could louse four games and go 5-7 if they make mistakes like yesterday ... but if they play like they did against Bama, Rice, and Navy USF could finish 8-4.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

I was going to do another re-forecast if USF would of won yesterday. Since the forecast has correctly predicted the first 6 games I will stick with it which has USF going 6-6 and making a bowl game. Not bad for a first year coach. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Four of the six games are quite winnable (FAU, U Conn, Temple, and Charlotte) with three of those at home.

UTSA has not looked very strong, even with their QB back (struggled against Temple yesterday)... so that is "within reach" but being on the road on a short week puts it into the "unlikely" category.

Memphis is the longest reach. Not impossible, but not one I would put on the list.

Sure, USF could louse four games and go 5-7 if they make mistakes like yesterday ... but if they play like they did against Bama, Rice, and Navy USF could finish 8-4.

Problem is other teams face our defense and have season highs in yards and points outside Bama. This defense is going to make getting a bowl game difficult especially when offense has been figured out if you take away the deep pass and clog up the middle we can be stopped. 

FAU game will tell me alot about what this team...win and look better a bowl game is likely.  

Lose that one also and I'm thinking no.