• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bama game almost sold out

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I have to question Mr. Siegrist's statement that 64,000 seats have been distributed.  Take a look at ticketmaster for the game.  RayJay only holds about 66,000.  There's way more than 2,000 blue seats still for sale on the purchase map.  My guess is we're about 5,000 short of a sell out right now, but it should be a clean sell out by the end of the first quarter.

South Florida Bulls Football vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Football Tickets Sep 16, 2023 Tampa, FL | Ticketmaster

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

image000000.jpg.8c88277060eda18e59385fa0070c8906.jpg

I have heard from solid sources it could occur anytime.

Bridge for sale. This is a shot of the brooklyn bridge that speaks for  itself. | CanStock

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

15 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Bridge for sale. This is a shot of the brooklyn bridge that speaks for  itself. | CanStock

It's not that farfetched. The guy is 71 years old, turns 72 on Halloween. He'll be tied with UNC's Mack Brown (72) as the current oldest college football head coach. His team isn't completely dominant this season, even by preseason expectations and then losing in their second game of the season. Perhaps he doesn't have the energy to go and try to reload the team for another shot at a championship, maybe he's not 100% health-wise..but it's not like he's going to be coaching more than another 5 seasons at most, even if Alabama would have him just based on his age. It's pretty likely to me that he's actually planning a retirement.

P.S. How much for the bridge?

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:
22 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Expand  

It's not that farfetched. The guy is 71 years old, turns 72 on Halloween. He'll be tied with UNC's Mack Brown (72) as the current oldest college football head coach. His team isn't completely dominant this season, even by preseason expectations and then losing in their second game of the season. Perhaps he doesn't have the energy to go and try to reload the team for another shot at a championship, maybe he's not 100% health-wise..but it's not like he's going to be coaching more than another 5 seasons at most, even if Alabama would have him just based on his age. It's pretty likely to me that he's actually planning a retirement.

Edited 5 minutes ago by USFBulls12

Yes, I get it.  Was just playing around.  However, really, do you think he could retire and sleep at night knowing he won less than a baker's dozen NCs.  What about his legacy?

P.S.R.:  I'd be willing to let the bridge go for a reasonable amount equal to Jimbo Fisher's buyout.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

30 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Yes, I get it.  Was just playing around.  However, really, do you think he could retire and sleep at night knowing he won less than a baker's dozen NCs.  What about his legacy?

P.S.R.:  I'd be willing to let the bridge go for a reasonable amount equal to Jimbo Fisher's buyout.

That bridge is too expensive for me. Do you happen to have any ditches for less or perhaps any burnt bridges?

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Add to all that, he's now been at Bama for close to 20 years. At some point soon it'll be time to call it a night

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

We do have a history of "retiring" coaches.....See Miami, FSU.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,114
  • Days Won:  39

36 minutes ago, bull2bull said:

We do have a history of "retiring" coaches.....See Miami, FSU.

Auburn by way of Cincinati. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I didn't realize how old he is. At his age and with all the money in the world I would be travelling the world instead of having to spend most of my time in Alabama; which seems only slightly better then Siberia.  His legacy is made and he will go down as one of the all time great college coaches so I think this would be a perfect time to retire.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1