• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bama game almost sold out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

It's not that farfetched. The guy is 71 years old, turns 72 on Halloween. He'll be tied with UNC's Mack Brown (72) as the current oldest college football head coach. His team isn't completely dominant this season, even by preseason expectations and then losing in their second game of the season. Perhaps he doesn't have the energy to go and try to reload the team for another shot at a championship, maybe he's not 100% health-wise..but it's not like he's going to be coaching more than another 5 seasons at most, even if Alabama would have him just based on his age. It's pretty likely to me that he's actually planning a retirement.

P.S. How much for the bridge?

With the NIL and prominence of transfers, the game is so different I don't even know if I wanna stick around.  Can't imagine if I was a 70+ yr old I'd be interesting in adapting. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,398
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, slowdown said:

With the NIL and prominence of transfers, the game is so different I don't even know if I wanna stick around.  Can't imagine if I was a 70+ yr old I'd be interesting in adapting. 

😉 Closing in on that age.  You kind of take the long view.  That's the good thing.  The bad thing is we better get in a major conference quickly if I want to enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

😉 Closing in on that age.  You kind of take the long view.  That's the good thing.  The bad thing is we better get in a major conference quickly if I want to enjoy it!

Ditto. I guess that is why I’m happy with whoever USF is playing. Life goes by too fast to worry and be upset about sports 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

17 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Just think if we beat Bama. 

never happening

it will be an embarrassing loss

all  of our warts will be displayed

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I didn't realize how old he is. At his age and with all the money in the world I would be travelling the world instead of having to spend most of my time in Alabama; which seems only slightly better then Siberia.  His legacy is made and he will go down as one of the all time great college coaches so I think this would be a perfect time to retire.

traveling the world doesnt sound like much fun

for instance i have everything in los angeles my little heart desires

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, smazza said:

never happening

it will be an embarrassing loss

all  of our warts will be displayed

Don’t worry. No matter what happens, USF will be fine and the sun will rise again early Sunday morning. It is the Rice game that USF fans should be more worried about. That is a big conference game. If USF finds a way to win that game then it is grounds for celebration.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Don’t worry. No matter what happens, USF will be fine and the sun will rise again early Sunday morning. It is the Rice game that USF fans should be more worried about. That is a big conference game. If USF finds a way to win that game then it is grounds for celebration.

Yeah I am oddly hyped for the Rice game.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Hell yeah! Plus shorter concession & bath room lines. Less traffic getting out of the lots. Less traffic driving home. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah! Plus shorter concession & bath room lines. Less traffic getting out of the lots. Less traffic driving home. 

I understand this lol. Going back to mentioning that sold out FSU game in 2012 again, I learned to appreciate the less crowded games a bit after that one. I enjoy not having to yell to the person sitting next to me, having open space around me when I’m at the game and not being bumped into by a sweaty person, I enjoy not waiting in lines and being able to quickly get to a urinal…and traffic, forget that! I’m torn between wanting the loud and energized environment and the comfort and intimacy of a much smaller crowd 😂. I do think I’d choose the full, energized BULLS-dominant crowd any day though. If I don’t want to deal with that, I’d just stay home. Nothing like a stadium filled with like-minded fans who want that same thing - the Bulls to win. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes the Rice game is an important game. Win that one and there will be reason for a whole new outlook on USF football.

Besides that one I am also really excited about the FAU matchup. I am one of the people that would have preferred Herman over Golesh, and I am looking forward for Golesh to shut me up in that regard.  I am way more excited then I was about USF football compared to a year ago, and two years ago since at that time I felt under Scott we where going in the wrong direction. Now there is some hope, but I want to see a strong start in conference play.