• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which would you feel better about?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Let’s say a win isn’t in the cards today, what outcome would you feel better about:

14-20: Defense is amped and disruptive. 2 INTs, 3 sacks, 7 TFL, 2 PD, and 2 FF. A few hits might make Sports Center. War Daddies are out in force and look to make a name for themselves. WKU wins on a 50 yard FG as time expires. The USF offense scores fast on its opening drive of the game and of the second half but is otherwise out of sorts and fails to comeback in their final possession. There looks to be potential, but there was a concerning number of drops and presnap penalties. A few head scratching screen plays for loss and some crucial conversions were overthrown. Clock management is frustrating at times. 54% completions, 200 Yds, 1 TD 2 INT. While there were a few long runs, the average per carry was only 3.9.

35-42: USF scores on their first two drives and again in the 2nd quarter. Defense misses tackles, DBs play too far off the ball, and the D-line starts to get shoved around later in the game. One sack, 2 TFL, 0 FF or INTs. After the half, the score is 21-14. A shootout ensues and both teams score on consecutive drives. Going into the 4th, we hold a 35-28 lead. Both teams keep their foot on the gas, WKU gets behind the coverage for a TD and also breaks a tackle for a long run into the end zone. USF drives the ball, missing a FG wide-right and turns the ball over on their final possession at the WKU 20 yard line.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

Defensive improvement for sure 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

Not celebrating anything  but a win. I would like to see a much improved defense,  improved coaching calls, better schemes to match the new players, and players on the  sideline that take the game seriously. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Defense all day.

Offense should improve over the course of the year. If these guys still can't tackle I doubt it gets fixed during the season.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

Let's say a win is on the cards with some sacks.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

I'll take the offensive moral victory over defensive.  At least with a good offense you can get excited about touchdowns.

Besides my expectations for defense are in the gutter, so I won't be disappointed if they are still bad.  But I will be disappointed if the offense is bad with it being Golesh's forte.  (And yeah I know it's first game so I have to keep expectations in check)

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Winning is all that matters

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Option 1