• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Go red flag No. 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I know we promised only positive vibes, so I hope this doesn’t break the rule, but I wanted to throw this out into the Bull universe. If Coach Go and Joel Gordon can’t make a decision on the starting QB and stick with it, that’s a big red flag for me. They have good options. Pick one and be decisive. QB rotations do not work and I’d never consider it unless my guys had very different skill sets. Bohanon and Brown do not. I don’t care if it’s Brice Archie, pick one guy and ride.

Now, here’s the amateur psychologist in me explaining why I think it could be BB. From the things Coach Go has said, and in taking him to media day, all the indicators right now point to Gerry. If Go truly believes that not announcing a starter until game time gives him an edge, then I’d be going with the other guy. But again, I don’t think GB and BB have vastly different skill sets, so the surprise factor is minimal.

To me, there is nothing in GB's resume that suggests that he will be successful running CAG's offense. Hooker completed **** near 70% of his passes with CAG. GB hasn't shown that ability. In a very small sample size BB has displayed that ability. I don't mind riding with GB through the first 3 games, but unless he surprises all of us, I fully expect BB to end up as the starting QB. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

53 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I don't know. That Italian beef isn't too shabby. As long as they don't dunk the **** thing and make it soggy mess. That **** is gross...

Always get it dipped with the hot giardiniera.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

:puke:

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Brad said:

:puke:

A friend from Chicago told me to try it that way. I did and I love it. Only thing I've ever had at Portillos.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Now, here’s the amateur psychologist in me explaining why I think it could be BB. From the things Coach Go has said, and in taking him to media day, all the indicators right now point to Gerry. If Go truly believes that not announcing a starter until game time gives him an edge, then I’d be going with the other guy. But again, I don’t think GB and BB have vastly different skill sets, so the surprise factor is minimal.

But, what if he knows that the other team knows that he thinks GB is the best fit, and therefore they are predicting he will go with BB to throw them off? 

Classic Blunders — Moments Before Mass

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

23 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

But, what if he knows that the other team knows that he thinks GB is the best fit, and therefore they are predicting he will go with BB to throw them off? 

This is getting so meta.  I like it.  I prefer to not understand what is going on.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

To me, there is nothing in GB's resume that suggests that he will be successful running CAG's offense. Hooker completed **** near 70% of his passes with CAG. GB hasn't shown that ability. In a very small sample size BB has displayed that ability. I don't mind riding with GB through the first 3 games, but unless he surprises all of us, I fully expect BB to end up as the starting QB. 

Yea I could see GB starts most likely but come conference play if GB isn't clicking they go with BB. 

Scott should have done that after the UL game.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

On 8/27/2023 at 12:49 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Most sports cliches are junk, but the “if you have 2 QBs, you have no QB” stands the test.

Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the face.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

I think we have to trust/believe in Golesh until he gives us a valid reason not to. I don't understand having red flags without a single play having been played yet.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

OMG! Just read that 'Bama hasn't named a starting QB. Man, that coach must suck!

• Haha 1