• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Go red flag No. 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

A friend from Chicago told me to try it that way. I did and I love it. Only thing I've ever had at Portillos.

That is the correct way to eat it. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It is a hard no on the multiple QB system. As it has been said, it NEVER works. The QB is a very mental position, just like pitching. QB’s have to have a routine and solid knowledge of where the stand. I am OK with CAG taking a game or two to see if GB can be successful with the new system; BUT, if he doesn’t, I would prefer to hand the reigns over to the underclassman  BB and let him develop this year. If CAG is on the fence, he needs to invest in our future and. It someone who is done after this year. I don’t see any red flags right now, I’m good with how he has handled it. If we are in game 5 and we are still switching QB’s back and forth, then that would be strike one for me; but, being a QB coach and OC, I honestly don’t see this happening. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

Reading comprehension is truly a lost art.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,573
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, michibull said:

It is a hard no on the multiple QB system. As it has been said, it NEVER works. The QB is a very mental position, just like pitching. QB’s have to have a routine and solid knowledge of where the stand. I am OK with CAG taking a game or two to see if GB can be successful with the new system; BUT, if he doesn’t, I would prefer to hand the reigns over to the underclassman  BB and let him develop this year. If CAG is on the fence, he needs to invest in our future and. It someone who is done after this year. I don’t see any red flags right now, I’m good with how he has handled it. If we are in game 5 and we are still switching QB’s back and forth, then that would be strike one for me; but, being a QB coach and OC, I honestly don’t see this happening. 

It can work if both qbs know their roles and place. Tebow and Leak were a good 1/2 combo. Leak ran the offense unless it was a trick play, short yardage, or redzone package. It is rare but it can work.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

It can work if both qbs know their roles and place. Tebow and Leak were a good 1/2 combo. Leak ran the offense unless it was a trick play, short yardage, or redzone package. It is rare but it can work.

So we would bring in BB to throw a dime and then... leave?

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

So we would bring in BB to throw a dime and then... leave?

It depends on situation and what the coaches want to do. Did you watch any of The leak/Tebow combo the year they won? Tebow mostly game into run short yards or red zone packages. I'm still rooting for BB to be the man.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It depends on situation and what the coaches want to do. Did you watch any of The leak/Tebow combo the year they won? Tebow mostly game into run short yards or red zone packages. I'm still rooting for BB to be the man.

Yeah I remember that run.  It did work but Leak seemed like the ol "game manager" and Tebow was a linebacker running over people. 

It could be my non-Gator goggles simplifying though. 

Yeah I remember that run.  It did work but Leak seemed like the ol "game manager" and Tebow was a linebacker running over people. 

It could be my non-Gator goggles simplifying though. 

HAVENT checked his stats in a over a decade but if my memory  serves me he was always around 3000 yards and 20-30 touchdowns a few different  times. But yeah leak had a better arm and sense of offense but Tebow was just learning and trucking people.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

HAVENT checked his stats in a over a decade but if my memory  serves me he was always around 3000 yards and 20-30 touchdowns a few different  times. But yeah leak had a better arm and sense of offense but Tebow was just learning and trucking people.

I do remember they had the #1 defense with a very special Bulls legend, Charlie Strong.

I do remember they had the #1 defense with a very special Bulls legend, Charlie Strong.

He was a great defensive coordinator and was a decent coach until Texas. After Texas he changed and didn't work out here. I think there was some issues with him not wanting to be here to begin with and Ad mk .