• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Go red flag No. 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

I know we promised only positive vibes, so I hope this doesn’t break the rule, but I wanted to throw this out into the Bull universe. If Coach Go and Joel Gordon can’t make a decision on the starting QB and stick with it, that’s a big red flag for me. They have good options. Pick one and be decisive. QB rotations do not work and I’d never consider it unless my guys had very different skill sets. Bohanon and Brown do not. I don’t care if it’s Brice Archie, pick one guy and ride.

Now, here’s the amateur psychologist in me explaining why I think it could be BB. From the things Coach Go has said, and in taking him to media day, all the indicators right now point to Gerry. If Go truly believes that not announcing a starter until game time gives him an edge, then I’d be going with the other guy. But again, I don’t think GB and BB have vastly different skill sets, so the surprise factor is minimal.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

It wouldn't bother me to see the multiple QBs in the OOC games. I think you have to play GB against Bama and 100% have made a decision for conference games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I know we promised only positive vibes, so I hope this doesn’t break the rule, but I wanted to throw this out into the Bull universe. If Coach Go and Joel Gordon can’t make a decision on the starting QB and stick with it, that’s a big red flag for me. They have good options. Pick one and be decisive. QB rotations do not work and I’d never consider it unless my guys had very different skill sets. Bohanon and Brown do not. I don’t care if it’s Brice Archie, pick one guy and ride.

Now, here’s the amateur psychologist in me explaining why I think it could be BB. From the things Coach Go has said, and in taking him to media day, all the indicators right now point to Gerry. If Go truly believes that not announcing a starter until game time gives him an edge, then I’d be going with the other guy. But again, I don’t think GB and BB have vastly different skill sets, so the surprise factor is minimal.

Unless I've missed something, they HAVE made a decision but just haven't made it public .......

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

It wouldn't bother me to see the multiple QBs in the OOC games. I think you have to play GB against Bama and 100% have made a decision for conference games.

Pretty much agree with all points there ..... do whatever you feel you need to do and get it settled by conf play.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless I've missed something, they HAVE made a decision but just haven't made it public .......

That has been stated and confirmed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I think they know who is the starter. I think we may have a new QB1 by conference play for various reasons.

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well, yes, last I checked they have to have one guy start. My point is they have to stick with him and not go to some kind of rotation. My apologies if that was not clear.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Well, yes, they have to have one guy start. My point is they have to stick with him and not go to some kind of rotation. My apologies if that was not clear.

Kinda thought that may have been what you meant ....... but I'm still of the opinion you see who grasps this gogo offense the best with real bullets flying. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

44 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If Coach Go and Joel Gordon can’t make a decision on the starting QB and stick with it, that’s a big red flag for me. 

If we go half the season or more with alternating QBs, I'll agree.  But this is literally week 0.

We'll have plenty of time to doubt them during the season lol, so save your energy.

Edited by Ghostbuster

Most sports cliches are junk, but the “if you have 2 QBs, you have no QB” stands the test.