• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Helpful stuff

Glad they are doing this and being thoughtful. They'll get 100 ideas and have to sift through what is recurring and high priority, what's in the gray area, and what just won't work due to cost/infrequent mentions. They'll also have to overlay their own judgement and innovation. Interesting project.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Not really.  They pay athletic fees with their tuition....  so like cable subscribers who don't watch ESPN, there are a lot of students who subsidize the "free" tickets to USF athletic events for those who want to ho.

I'll gladly subsidize anyone who wants to ho

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

So any ideas when we get any actual presentations on the stadium, cost etc? I mean if we are still talking about opening in 2026, they need to move faster

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So any ideas when we get any actual presentations on the stadium, cost etc? I mean if we are still talking about opening in 2026, they need to move faster

I believe the final rendering was anticipated to be released sometime in the fall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Is it okay to maybe mention using the stadium as an excuse for reworking the pregame (Gimme a U, ooh that's hot, etc) and perhaps maaaaaybe, a different pregame announcer?

Did you know he’s the same guy that does the Lightning games?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Think I've posted this before but planned infrastructure outside the stadium for tailgating should be prioritized. Primarily a "preferred" tailgating lot or something to the effect that comes with the space and electricity for a proper gameday setup. Think Boulevard at SMU or the Grove at Ole Miss. If the school provided some resources to help those people set up (moving stuff from cars -> tailgate space), that would be super cool too. 

The Boulevard

The Grove

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Think I've posted this before but planned infrastructure outside the stadium for tailgating should be prioritized. Primarily a "preferred" tailgating lot or something to the effect that comes with the space and electricity for a proper gameday setup. Think Boulevard at SMU or the Grove at Ole Miss. If the school provided some resources to help those people set up (moving stuff from cars -> tailgate space), that would be super cool too. 

The Boulevard

The Grove

I would agree, but those will be both expensive and likely available on a prioritized basis.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Did you know he’s the same guy that does the Lightning games?

You mean the guy on the field? Not that guy.  He is just trying to get the Public Library Stadium to make some noise.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

image1-10.jpg

Select students were invited to a listening session on Tuesday to share their ideas and learn more about the plans for the on-campus stadium. Vice President of Athletics...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, USF_Bullsharks said:

The Boulevard

The Grove

Can the visitors tailgate area be a muddy cow field filled with cow ****?