• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Turning the corner?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Yes, I remember playing on those courts. Where any of you around when Miller Beer had their One on One Tournament, that was 1981 I believe. It started in the outside courts, it was single elimination and once it dropped to 32, it was held inside. I made it to the 32 round but then my outside shot failed me and my bigger opponent took it inside every time. LOL. We got a Miller One on One T- Shirt as a reward.

Before my time, I started USF in 89

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I lived in Beta from 84-88 and we used to play hoops on the courts outside the dorm every minute we could.

I played there as well, though a bit earlier.  I think the picture below captures some of the action.

Peach Basket | Pixstory

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of those courts.   Drives me crazy seeing tons of people playing on them when their is a hoops game going on.   

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Speaking of those courts.   Drives me crazy seeing tons of people playing on them when their is a hoops game going on.   

Not all of them are students, for what it's worth.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Back when I was at USF we had to play intramural games on the outside courts.  Iota 3 was a tough team with a PG from NY, a PF from Ohio and of course a G/F from the San Antonio-Dade City metropolitan area (lol, me).  I can't remember the other two we started, but all were really good players.  Biggest win was an upset over Omega Psi Phi.  Other dorm teams we just crushed.

When we took our team into the football intramurals, it showed we were a basketball dorm floor.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Other dorm teams we just crushed.  When we took our team into the football intramurals, it showed we were a basketball dorm floor.

I was on Iota 1 from 75-76 to 77-78.  In basketball, we were the crushee, but football we were the crusher (most of the time anyway).

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

I got kicked out of Intramurals 93-94 as I played in first game of the season and lit it up for 27. Someone asked me if I could fill in as an alternate, so I said I guess.  Apparently that was frowned upon as I must have made enough of an impression as I pulled up from 3 on a break and swished my first shot of the game.  Someone on the sidelines stopped the game and they went back and showed me another score sheet and asked if that was me.  I said yes, and they disqualified the team I was playing for that day.......

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

53 minutes ago, monktified said:

I got kicked out of Intramurals 93-94 as I played in first game of the season and lit it up for 27. Someone asked me if I could fill in as an alternate, so I said I guess.  Apparently that was frowned upon as I must have made enough of an impression as I pulled up from 3 on a break and swished my first shot of the game.  Someone on the sidelines stopped the game and they went back and showed me another score sheet and asked if that was me.  I said yes, and they disqualified the team I was playing for that day.

Let me get this straight.  You could actually score from beyond the arc and no one for the Bulls recruited you?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

57 minutes ago, monktified said:

I got kicked out of Intramurals 93-94 as I played in first game of the season and lit it up for 27. Someone asked me if I could fill in as an alternate, so I said I guess.  Apparently that was frowned upon as I must have made enough of an impression as I pulled up from 3 on a break and swished my first shot of the game.  Someone on the sidelines stopped the game and they went back and showed me another score sheet and asked if that was me.  I said yes, and they disqualified the team I was playing for that day.......

I got tossed off the intramural football fields back in the day because I called out one of the refs who was blatantly (in your face obvious) fixing a game that my buddies were playing against a team of other students who were refs for intramural basketball. On more than one occasion he waited until well after my buddies broke a long touchdown play, only after it was clear they were going to score, to throw a flag for some trivial BS way behind the play. I called him on it a few times and he told me if I didn't stop he was gonna have me removed from the fields, at which point I informed him I was tossing myself lol.