• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Turning the corner?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sure it’s weaker than most, but beating weaker teams would have shown we were reaching potential.  We are only now showing that possibility.   

Reaching potential, possibly, turning a corner, no. If we had won the ooc games that easily could have gone either way, lost by 6 pts or less, we'd have been 11-2 instead of 7-6. We then went on to lose our first 5 conference games. Corners are turned in conference play.

11 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Technically, a college basketball team can turn the corner right before the conference tournament starts, go on an unlikely run to win the conference tournament, get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament, and win the national championship. Technically... 🙂🤘

Dream big or go home ...... I like it.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Reaching potential, possibly, turning a corner, no. If we had won the ooc games that easily could have gone either way, lost by 6 pts or less, we'd have been 11-2 instead of 7-6. We then went on to lose our first 5 conference games. Corners are turned in conference play.

I think you’re looking at things totally differently and compassionately/forgiving as usual. A 13-0 non-con record would indicate we had our **** more together, much earlier.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Technically, a college basketball team can turn the corner right before the conference tournament starts, go on an unlikely run to win the conference tournament, get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament, and win the national championship. Technically... 🙂🤘

This is the engine of March Madness. 

I would love a little taste of Madness from our Bulls this year, but frankly I'm just hoping for a fun Chuck Atkins night at the Dome tonight. 🤘

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think you’re looking at things totally differently and compassionately/forgiving as usual. A 13-0 non-con record would indicate we had our **** more together, much earlier.  

Having **** more together and turning a corner are two different things, to me anyway. If we had gone 13-0 with that ooc sched this year you really think many would have actually believed a corner was turned at that point? Maybe I'm putting more into what turning a corner means..... and I have no ******* clue how you're assessing this as compassionate/forgiving. Is just the opposite to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Having **** more together and turning a corner are two different things, to me anyway. If we had gone 13-0 with that ooc sched this year you really think many would have actually believed a corner was turned at that point? Maybe I'm putting more into what turning a corner means..... and I have no ******* clue how you're assessing this as compassionate/forgiving. Is just the opposite to me.

You are what your record says. Hopefully they turned a corner but it is too little too late.  Brian Gregory doesn't seem like he is the guy to lead this program.

image.png.5d24e8984479b545298782a3615f9632.png
image.png.f68bad505444266243397c1381fb6a0e.png
image.png.3ce098899e1eeb20a319af08e9e1c850.png

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

If we had gone 13-0 with that ooc sched this year you really think many would have actually believed a corner was turned at that point?

Hell yeah.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

You are what your record says. Hopefully they turned a corner but it is too little too late.  Brian Gregory doesn't seem like he is the guy to lead this program.

image.png.5d24e8984479b545298782a3615f9632.png
image.png.f68bad505444266243397c1381fb6a0e.png
image.png.3ce098899e1eeb20a319af08e9e1c850.png

This for me says it all. We haven't beaten a team in the top 6 in our conference this year, or a conference team with a winning record in conference. Are we better then last year? Yes. But that has more to do with the fact that the last few years we were horrible, and now we are just bad. Not even average really.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

This is the engine of March Madness. 

I would love a little taste of Madness from our Bulls this year, but frankly I'm just hoping for a fun Chuck Atkins night at the Dome tonight. 🤘

I am kinda desperate and am hoping the Bulls win and cover the 4, hopefully they win one for Pine Hills and Evans after a tough week in the hood. I still remember Chuck failing golf my last year in college, dude went to one class, but dude could ball, couldn’t golf to save his ass though.