• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Turning the corner?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

25 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will not be upset if CBG is fired nor will I be upset if he returns for another season. Either decision can be justified, IMO. 

I can not disagree with that. I would though bring him back as long as we finish strong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I am curious to see who we lose (if coach comes back, I assume if he is let go, we lose more). Yes, Harris and Bryant are very talented, but not unreasonable to think the next couple talented guys transfer in to replace them. 

The way it sits now we don't have any roster spots for transfers yet. Signed 3 hs recruits to fill the departing spots. Personal gut feeling, I think we'll have at least 2 spots come open with Moss and Patrick transferring ............... but I'm still a little confused on our scholarship situation. I could have sworn that Calleja was given a schollie after being a walk-on for so many years but if he was, that means we have 14 scholarship players.

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will not be upset if CBG is fired nor will I be upset if he returns for another season. Either decision can be justified, IMO.

Basically where I'm at, too .....

5 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

We lose both Tyler Harris and Bryant after this year. My problem is that I just don’t see a build up in talent. And with this new age offNIL and easy transfer I just see this as a every year a new team

A little OT but with this new age, I noticed that Tulane's roster had zero transfers with no seniors but 8 juniors. That struck me as probably being kind of rare in this day but the continuity may also explain their success.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The way it sits now we don't have any roster spots for transfers yet. Signed 3 hs recruits to fill the departing spots. Personal gut feeling, I think we'll have at least 2 spots come open with Moss and Patrick transferring ............... but I'm still a little confused on our scholarship situation. I could have sworn that Calleja was given a schollie after being a walk-on for so many years but if he was, that means we have 14 scholarship players.

I wonder if there was a temporary increase to account for the covid year, and schools got an extra one to give or something like that. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Next season could be interesting.

Five of the six new teams coming in are well above .500 on the year in C-USA.... (not sure about the total level of competition).

If CBG is not fired, USF might be middle of the pack in the AAC next season.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,148
  • Days Won:  56

Saturday’s game against SMU is really important. If you can get up on the road and beat UCF, you should be able to handle SMU at home. If they don’t, it just shows once again that there’s something missing. You have to be able to protect your home court against a team like SMU if you’re building a program. Otherwise, it’s just one step forward and one step back . . . again.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Basically where I'm at, too .....

Trips that is where we all are at, we are either awful or average with no real desire to be good so we accept mediocrity.  I don’t know but after 6 years of not being a top 100 program basically, no dance…I feel that maybe it is time to pull the plug, don’t we have top 100 facilities so shouldn’t we expect to be top 100 every now and then?

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Saturday’s game against SMU is really important. If you can get up on the road and beat UCF, you should be able to handle SMU at home. If they don’t, it just shows once again that there’s something missing. You have to be able to protect your home court against a team like SMU if you’re building a program. Otherwise, it’s just one step forward and one step back . . . again.

A win against them won’t convince me, maybe two wins in the conf tourney 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,148
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Trips that is where we all are at, we are either awful or average with no real desire to be good so we accept mediocrity.  I don’t know but after 6 years of not being a top 100 program basically, no dance…I feel that maybe it is time to pull the plug, don’t we have top 100 facilities so shouldn’t we expect to be top 100 every now and then?

A win against them won’t convince me, maybe two wins in the conf tourney 

Won’t convince me with a win either, but will with a loss. That was kinda my point.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

6 years of "should have won 5 or 6 more games" ...  unless we go deep in the conference tourney (and maybe even then) time to move on