• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF 2023 schedule -- 71st toughest | 5th in AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

USF comes in #71 based on opponents 2022 records... With 1 team that finished ranked last season and only 6 of 12 that had a winning record last year. 

I will be interesting to see how Phil Steele thinks USF will do this season. One of the more well-inform pundits out there.

71st toughest?  I'm calling BS on that one, USF is the worst team in college football, that means we have the hardest time winning games, there for USF's schedule should be the hardest no matter who they play.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

We are at year one of rebuilding the worst fbs team in the nation.

I agree completely.  I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves talking about a bowl game before we've even seen a spring game.  Besides offense, this team was terrible last season.  Most of the offensive contributors are gone and we don't know how good the offensive line will be.  Both sides of the ball are learning new systems with new coaches.    

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I agree completely.  I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves talking about a bowl game before we've even seen a spring game.  Besides offense, this team was terrible last season.  Most of the offensive contributors are gone and we don't know how good the offensive line will be.  Both sides of the ball are learning new systems with new coaches.    

BRO people were talking about winning the conference champion last year with the worst modern FBS head coach  in history. So lets just stay Golesh brings someone hope that he can win a few more fbs games in one season than the past 3.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

We lost every playmaker from the second worst defense in the HISTORY of college football. I hate to be Debbie downer, but I don't see that being rebuilt in one year. If we have a killer offense and another team makes a lot of mistakes we might beat them. Outside of that, it might get dicey. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

On 2/16/2023 at 6:03 PM, Jim Johnson said:

USF comes in #71 based on opponents 2022 records... With 1 team that finished ranked last season and only 6 of 12 that had a winning record last year. 

I will be interesting to see how Phil Steele thinks USF will do this season. One of the more well-inform pundits out there.

Do you know what he had for USF's win/loss last year? I can't seem to find it, but if I recall correctly he had us finishing 9th or 10th in the AAC last year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/18/2023 at 10:53 AM, usfsig said:

Do you know what he had for USF's win/loss last year? I can't seem to find it, but if I recall correctly he had us finishing 9th or 10th in the AAC last year.

"The three most prominent publications currently available — Athlon Sports, Lindy’s and Phil Steele’s voluminous 2022 preview — all project USF to finish ninth in the 11-team league. Athlon Sports ranks the Bulls 100th of all Division I-A teams, while Lindy’s ranks them 102nd."

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2022/07/05/national-magazines-project-usf-bulls-as-conference-bottom-feeder-again/

"The publications, along with Phil Steele’s predictions, expect the team to finish the season ninth out of 11 in the conference. At the end of the 2021 season, USF finished in 10th.

USF finished its 2021 season 2-10, only winning one conference game against Temple. Since coach Jeff Scott took over the program in 2020, the Bulls have only won three out of 18 games. In January, he received a contract renewal good through the 2026 season.

The team is currently projected to finish its season with a 4-8 record, but a lot needs to be done in order to meet that as well as hit an upward trend moving forward."

https://www.usforacle.com/2022/07/08/polls-leave-usf-at-the-bottom-of-the-rankings/

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Strength of schedule factors in who makes the playoffs.  I don't mind a weaker schedule so that we start achieving a modicum of success and then use that inertia to upgrade the schedule as we improve.  Let's enjoy the wins.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

On 2/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, Sk00b said:

Amy Poehler Expectations GIF

Anyone not lowering their expectations from the start of last year to this year is strictly basing it on ultra wishful thinking .... not sure why some do this to themselves.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Anyone not lowering their expectations from the start of last year to this year is strictly basing it on ultra wishful thinking .... not sure why some do this to themselves.

We like the pain

happy gilmore GIF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Probably gonna be a cold road game at Memphis