• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Ranking Update - Coaches poll #20 - AP #27 - NET #30

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,637
  • Days Won:  6

So 27, 23 and 31 doesn't look so bad.  If only...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looking like a 7 or 8 seed this season 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Looking like a 7 or 8 seed this season 

Still could be a 6 seed. Win out at this point and the resume will be strong enough to warrant one of the top 24 seeds. Getting one on the other hand is a different story. Hopefully, the committee finally rewards USF for a tough schedule. Also, the AAC is clearly the 7th best conference in the country. If almost being flawless in the 7th toughest conference doesn't matter, well, I don't know what does. This team was just 2 possessions (Ohio State and Houston) away from being a # 4 seed in the tournament. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

23 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Still could be a 6 seed.

This team was just 2 possessions (Ohio State and Houston) away from being a # 4 seed in the tournament. 

I'm glad you believe that, but it was never going to happen. Until we show in a tournament that we are one of the best teams in the country we will never be rewarded like one. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,114
  • Days Won:  56

20 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I'm glad you believe that, but it was never going to happen. Until we show in a tournament that we are one of the best teams in the country we will never be rewarded like one. 

I have to agree. History has shown what the selection committee thinks of us. They see a middle seed as our ceiling. We won’t get any points for losing to good teams. And I’m not sure at all that we win the conference tournament. There are a few teams that are capable of beating us there.

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I have to agree. History has shown what the selection committee thinks of us. They see a middle seed as our ceiling. We won’t get any points for losing to good teams. And I’m not sure at all that we win the conference tournament. There are a few teams that are capable of beating us there.

Obviously, the 6 seed is only in play if the Bulls win out. 29-5 with a 5-4 Quad 1 record and a true road win over Texas *might* be enough. We certainly could have used some help from Wake Forest last night against FSU. We need to be rooting against the likes of UCLA, FSU, Iowa State, Louisville, UNC, Creighton, NC State and Ole Miss from here on out. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Obviously, the 6 seed is only in play if the Bulls win out. 29-5 with a 5-4 Quad 1 record and a true road win over Texas *might* be enough. We certainly could have used some help from Wake Forest last night against FSU. We need to be rooting against the likes of UCLA, FSU, Iowa State, Louisville, UNC, Creighton, NC State and Ole Miss from here on out. 

agree, except NC State, I think we want them to keep winning. 

If USF fails to advance to the second week in this year's tournament, it most certainly won't be because of fatigue. They will have only played 2 games since February 19th (2/22 and 3/1). Their first game in the American Tournament is March 7. That means just 2 games in 16 days. They will then hopefully play and win 3 games in 3 days before getting another 8 or 9 days of rest prior to the NCAA tournament. Most of the major conferences finish their tournaments on March 5th, meaning those teams will have 12 to 13 days of rest prior to the tournament. In my opinion, that is too long. I think USF's schedule sets up nicely for rest, not rust. First, we have to take care of Cincy on Wednesday (USF should win by 20+) as they are the worst team we will have played since New Hampshire on November 22.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,255
  • Days Won:  1

Back into the ap poll at 25

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bullsfan27 said:

Back into the ap poll at 25

We are still in line for a potential 6 seed. I know it is more likely that we get screwed and get a 7 or 8, but I am still holding out hope. At this point, we need to root for Texas to win out. We are the only team that has beaten them in Austin all season, as they enjoy a 14-1 record at home. In fact, they have been all but two opponents by 13 or more points at home (Texas Tech and OK St lost both lost by 9). Hopefully the selection committee will keep that in mind. I just checked the selection committee and the AAC does not have a member on the 12 person committee.