• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Ranking Update - Coaches poll #20 - AP #27 - NET #30

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

19 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Our girls need to come ready to play next Sunday vs Houston at 2 pm back in Tampa after having the week off. Can't get caught sleeping. It's a good thing that our starting 5 will get a rest minus practices during this "bye week" and come back for that match up. Houston's defense gave us a tough time on the road. The teams we're playing in our remaining 5 games have a combined record of 57-50. Includes rematch games against 14-7 SMU and 16-6 Tulsa, both at home. Remaining road games are against UCF and Cincy.

If we run the table, we would end up 27-4 and 17-0 in conference before the conference tournament begins. If we can run through the conference tournament, we would pick up 3 more wins to finish 30-4, an .882 win %. That would make this the USF women's best season ever.

Second best win % came during the shortened 20-21 covid season at 19-4 (.826)
Second most wins of all time was in 08-09 at 27-10 (.730)

Proud of this team! They are incredible. Where they will rank historically will come down to how far they get in the NCAA tournament. Sweet 16 or Elite 8 should be possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

Coaches talk so much about “culture” - well, this program has established its culture. They expect to win every time they take the court, regardless of the circumstances or the opponent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Good job ladies

Dallas is lame

The white bread of American cities

No personality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

These are the type of games that define a season. Had a L written all over it. SMU brought their A+ game and shot lights out and still lost. 

Exactly. Just catching up on things. This was probably the biggest win of the season. Probably one of those games we would have lost in season's past. Just get into the Top 25 and then falter.  CJF has them playing tough even if there are too many turnovers for his liking.  #12, Mariana, has gotten more and more playing time because (my guess here) she is some kind of threat offensively. Ariel handles the ball well but just will not take a shot. I know CJF doesn't want her taking a lot of 3s but she drives under the basket and doesn't even think about shooting. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

That was the recipe for a USF loss. Decent opponent. On the road. Opponent playing out of their minds and hitting 3s. USF struggling from the field and committing costly turnovers. And they still won. If they were going to lose a regular season conference game, this was the one. 

I feel like Asensio is better suited to running this offense because she is a threat to score. No opponent respects Wilson's offense. 

Sorry didn't continue to read the thread all the way thru. Exactly what I was thinking.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Great fight by our Bulls to come back from that early 1st qtr deficit, then continuing to battle until taking the lead for good late in the 4th. That Jasmine Smith from SMU is a gamer & made me shout things at my screen with all her big shots.

Love seeing Asensio's ascension (ha). As others have mentioned, having just that little threat of offense from the PG spot helps our Big 3 get easier looks.

Overall, a very intense game & a great one for CJF to get the record on. Congrats to CJF for passing Geno! Truly he is the Bull GOAT. 

Edited by CJF the BullGOAT

Like you guys, I was really impressed by Marina Asensio yesterday. She ran the offense with confidence, had a timely steal and finish, and a really big 3 down the stretch. She, Carla Brito and Daniella Gonzalez look to be (present and) future stars for this team.

On another note, what would we look like if Elisa Pinzan had stayed to play PG instead of transferring to Maryland? It would be unfair.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

On another note, what would we look like if Elisa Pinzan had stayed to play PG instead of transferring to Maryland? It would be unfair.

Pinzan was a great passer. I remember jumping out of my seats on a few of her passes over the years.  But, like Kitty Laksa, her time with CJF probably reached its max.  

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pinzan was a great passer. I remember jumping out of my seats on a few of her passes over the years.  But, like Kitty Laksa, her time with CJF probably reached its max.  

Well, she’s a great player and would make this team even better than it already is if she’d stayed. Pinzan, Elena, Sammie, Dulcy - WOW! And she is starting and playing well for an 18-5 Maryland team.