• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 More Weeks - National Signing Day is February 1st

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, smazza said:

i cant get excited in february any more

if these 2 have great years they will leave

When do you get excited?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Needed to keep DDP for that. We could just onside kick every possession. Imagine being so well practiced at onside kicks that even if you only recovered 50% it would technically be a stop, plus the defense would only ever play on short fields. Even if the opposing team scores they stay fresh because they have less snaps. If your D gets a 3 and out then they have to attempt a really long field goal which isn't a guarantee for an AAC kicker-and suddenly your offense gets the ball between the 30–40-yard lines. 

I said that last season there are no drawbacks to that if we get 1/4 every onside kicks.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I said that last season there are no drawbacks to that if we get 1/4 every onside kicks.

Not only that, but the other team would have to account for it on every kickoff, making it possible to pin them back by kicking it deep. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Not only that, but the other team would have to account for it on every kickoff, making it possible to pin them back by kicking it deep. 

Or track racing our fastest guys down the field in hopes of a downfield recovery 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

On 2/1/2023 at 3:40 PM, hm101 said:

What did CJS show in an interview that made leadership say he was the one. That’s a lot of safeties.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CycleBull said:

What did CJS show in an interview that made leadership say he was the one. That’s a lot of safeties.

Just speculating here, but my guess is he sold Kelly on turning USF into Clemson south.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

So everyone has latched onto the 14 safeties quote, but I just don't see it on the roster. Right now it IDs eight guys as safeties. Seven guys are listed as "defensive backs" and four are listed as corners, so it could be the guys listed as DBs, but a few of them - Daquan Evans, Jayden Curry and Amaris Brown for sure - have been playing corner.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So everyone has latched onto the 14 safeties quote, but I just don't see it on the roster. Right now it IDs eight guys as safeties.

It’s a little more than that for me. Either way, Kelly hired him and the quality/problems showed on the field. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So everyone has latched onto the 14 safeties quote, but I just don't see it on the roster. Right now it IDs eight guys as safeties.

Defending jeff scott is not excusable.  The guy brought usf football to the bottom of usf football and got rewarded financially for it. I hope Golesh can back up his  talk and improve usf football taking usf back to relevance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So everyone has latched onto the 14 safeties quote, but I just don't see it on the roster. Right now it IDs eight guys as safeties. Seven guys are listed as "defensive backs" and four are listed as corners, so it could be the guys listed as DBs, but a couple of them - Daquan Evans and Amaris Brown - are definitely playing corner.

Maybe some were offers that were out there?  I feel like even 8 is a lot when compared to the 7 OL schollies.