• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 More Weeks - National Signing Day is February 1st

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Maybe some were offers that were out there?  I feel like even 8 is a lot when compared to the 7 OL schollies.

Well, and we shouldn't officially classify Matthew Hill as a safety because I have no idea what he's actually playing when he's on the field. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know either.  🙂

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

35 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So everyone has latched onto the 14 safeties quote, but I just don't see it on the roster. Right now it IDs eight guys as safeties. Seven guys are listed as "defensive backs" and four are listed as corners, so it could be the guys listed as DBs, but a few of them - Daquan Evans, Jayden Curry and Amaris Brown for sure - have been playing corner.

That is exactly the point.  Golesh and staff see those guys as safties that the previous staff was trying to shove into corner spots where they don't have the physical tools for that position.

That would explain a lot about last season, wouldn't it?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Well, and we shouldn't officially classify Matthew Hill as a safety because I have no idea what he's actually playing when he's on the field. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know either.  🙂

I seem to recall CJS mentioning Hill as the MVP (or one of the MVP's) of Spring Camp last year.  I can't imagine any world where that may have actually happened.  Maybe he mistakenly participated in the Chamberlain High spring camp?  

• Haha 3
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

I seem to recall CJS mentioning Hill as the MVP (or one of the MVP's) of Spring Camp last year.  I can't imagine any world where that may have actually happened.  Maybe he mistakenly participated in the Chamberlain High spring camp?  

Hill was a WR, the fact that he came to USF and started at CB. Tells you a lot about what we had and our coaching staff. Every time we got to third and five and our CBS were 10 yds off the WRs it made me sick. Every time they were 10 yds off and still got beat deep it made me sick.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,493
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Defending jeff scott is not excusable.  The guy brought usf football to the bottom of usf football and got rewarded financially for it. I hope Golesh can back up his  talk and improve usf football taking usf back to relevance. 

Strong did a pretty good job of running it into the ground with his coaching and lack of recruiting before CJS even got here, but let's pretend everything was fine and dandy.  I don't think there is much left of that dead horse but bones at this point.  You're literally kicking bones.  CJS is gone, let it go....look to the future...why jump on any mention of CJS??  He's not coming back. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Strong did a pretty good job of running it into the ground with his coaching and lack of recruiting before CJS even got here, but let's pretend everything was fine and dandy.  I don't think there is much left of that dead horse but bones at this point.  You're literally kicking bones.  CJS is gone, let it go....look to the future...why jump on any mention of CJS??  He's not coming back. 

True. Time to look forward, you can’t fix the past. I hope Golesh and his staff does well

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Can't argue you that but I think someone here referred to him as burnt toast once.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490

13 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Most of our better players were strong recruits...

24 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

He was the offenses best player no doubt.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He was the offenses best player no doubt.

It's all starting to make sense now, thank you!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462

31 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Hill was a WR, the fact that he came to USF and started at CB. Tells you a lot about what we had and our coaching staff. Every time we got to third and five and our CBS were 10 yds off the WRs it made me sick. Every time they were 10 yds off and still got beat deep it made me sick.

What scares me is when DCShoop came in he said, IIRC, we're going to run an in-your-face, controlled chaotic, get to the ball defense that will create turnovers. Unfortunately he/we only got the chaotic part of his defense because they almost never seemed to know what they were doing. DCOrlando has said some of the same things, so now it all comes down to actually coaching these guys up to play. Along with getting the guys that can actually play their position.

Still gonna wait-n-see, but not getting my hopes up.