• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 More Weeks - National Signing Day is February 1st

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It's good to hear we are filling them holes!

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

Homeruns today with our two highest rated recruits of the year. Per espn

JeyQuan Smith ATH Signed 80

Israel Carter QB Signed 78

Jarvis Lee CB Signed 78

Jaylen Johnson RB Signed 76

James Jenkins OG Signed 76

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i cant get excited in february any more

if these 2 have great years they will leave

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,541
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, smazza said:

If they do, oh well, that’s college football now. There will be someone behind them. I am sure there will be some form of governance in the future. They already put transfer windows in place.

It’s strange seeing all these players bounce around like this, but coaches are able to do it as they see fit. It’s strange to see players get paid by collectives to come play at “this school”, but I support players making money off of NIL. I also thought that the NIL money would be coming from the schools profits or running commercials for the local business near the school and not 3rd parties outside the school 

Yea, I am 💯 frustrated that some of these kids make way more than I do from NIL deals. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, smazza said:

They've got pills for that you can take any month

• Haha 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

36 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:
1 hour ago, smazza said:

if these two have great years they will leave

If they do, oh well, that’s college football now. There will be someone behind them. I am sure there will be some form of governance in the future. They already put transfer windows in place.

It’s strange seeing all these players bounce around like this, but coaches are able to do it as they see fit. It’s strange to see players get paid by collectives to come play at “this school”, but I support players making money off of NIL. I also thought that the NIL money would be coming from the schools profits or running commercials for the local business near the school and not 3rd parties outside the school 

Yea, I am 💯 frustrated that some of these kids make way more than I do from NIL deals.

Players, particularly QBs, have been doing this for years.  It just seems everyone has caught on to it.  I don't begrudge the kids choosing to change their paths or the money, although I question whether taking advantage of transfer portal "free agency" or NIL will work to the betterment for most student athletes in the long run.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,541
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Players, particularly QBs, have been doing this for years.  It just seems everyone has caught on to it.  I don't begrudge the kids choosing to change their paths or the money, although I question whether taking advantage of transfer portal "free agency" or NIL will work to the betterment for most student athletes in the long run.

Idk, making to the nfl and being successful is a long shot. Might as well chase the bag, and get paid in college.

If they get a couple million and invest wisely that can go a long way for some of these kids.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Homeruns today with our two highest rated recruits of the year. Per espn

JeyQuan Smith ATH Signed 80

Israel Carter QB Signed 78

Jarvis Lee CB Signed 78

Jaylen Johnson RB Signed 76

James Jenkins OG Signed 76

I am impressed with his recruiting on the offense and seems his staff is outworking the previous staff. My biggest concern is the defense and I hope they have a plan to get a few dt transfers, a linebacker or two, and a defensive back or two. I am curious if we are going to run3-3-5 or 3-4-4. I think out roster  is better suited to a 3 4 4. I also don't want 5 defensive backs out there  every play based on what we saw the last 3 years from our defensive backs. I think this coaching staff is putting in the work on the recruiting trail and hopefully we see it on the field as well. Time for the players to see this time investment  that the coaching staff is going all  in  on usf football and the players step up and go all in on the field. This was a good class especially  given the circumstances. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, smazza said:

Well you aren't wrong but that is the nature of the beast now. We have to first have two great years  on the field for that to happen. If we can put together a nice several year run we could get lucky and picked up by a power conference. It won't happen until we find a coach that can win consistently on the field. Let's hope Golesh is that guy and the opposite of Jeff .