• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 More Weeks - National Signing Day is February 1st

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

What scares me is when DCShoop came in he said, IIRC, we're going to run an in-your-face, controlled chaotic, get to the ball defense that will create turnovers. Unfortunately he/we only got the chaotic part of his defense because they almost never seemed to know what they were doing. DCOrlando has said some of the same things, so now it all comes down to actually coaching these guys up to play. Along with getting the guys that can actually play their position.

Still gonna wait-n-see, but not getting my hopes up.

After the last three years I am surprised anyone still regards hope as a strategy hope got us one fbs in three seasons.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

After the last three years I am surprised anyone still regards hope as a strategy hope got us one fbs in three seasons.

That's the problem. The hope strategy is for my liver's well being.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

That's the problem. The hope strategy is for my liver's well being.

Do you have any eligibility left due to the covid loophope? If so lets get BUDWEISER or Yuengling to sponsor you? We may be able to get the USF alumni agent to sell you to Colorado.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Do you have any eligibility left due to the covid loophope? If so lets get BUDWEISER or Yuengling to sponsor you? We may be able to get the USF alumni agent to sell you to Colorado.

Well, when I graduated high school Fran Curci was just leaving as the the head coach at the University of Tampa. I'm pretty sure there aren't even any spare parts anybody would want. Also, eff Colorado.

GO BULLS! 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

That is exactly the point.  Golesh and staff see those guys as safties that the previous staff was trying to shove into corner spots where they don't have the physical tools for that position.

That would explain a lot about last season, wouldn't it?

This. The 14 safeties says to me CJS was trying to plug the DB hole and accustom to having superior athletes at Clemson that could be molded into other positions. Having superior athletes also means you probably can rely on their raw talent to cover any coaching/developing shortfalls you may have. Thus when he didn’t have superior athletes, it exposed him as ill equipped to be a head coach. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

This. The 14 safeties says to me CJS was trying to plug the DB hole and accustom to having superior athletes at Clemson that could be molded into other positions. Having superior athletes also means you probably can rely on their raw talent to cover any coaching/developing shortfalls you may have. Thus when he didn’t have superior athletes, it exposed him as ill equipped to be a head coach. 

His record and culture change told us everything we needed to know. He was clueless as the HEAD Coach. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Strong did a pretty good job of running it into the ground with his coaching and lack of recruiting before CJS even got here, but let's pretend everything was fine and dandy.  I don't think there is much left of that dead horse but bones at this point.  You're literally kicking bones.  CJS is gone, let it go....look to the future...why jump on any mention of CJS??  He's not coming back. 

My friends and I have joked that Charlie Strong burned down the program and Jeff Scott proceeded to piss on the ashes. Now Alex Golesh finds himself sifting through the residue.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

It was more so to cover for a failure to recruit LB talent. It is criminal how thin we were at the DL and LB positions. He tried using athletic safeties and playing them in a hybrid LB/S position and it did not work out. Hill looked lost out there frequently. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is a sad state of affairs

but leadership comes from the top

if the president doesnt fire mk we are in trouble

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Can't argue you that but I think someone here referred to him as burnt toast once.

Thought that was Tyler Roberts' nickname?