• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 More Weeks - National Signing Day is February 1st

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Players, particularly QBs, have been doing this for years.  It just seems everyone has caught on to it.  I don't begrudge the kids choosing to change their paths or the money, although I question whether taking advantage of transfer portal "free agency" or NIL will work to the betterment for most student athletes in the long run.

IMO, NO the NIL will not work for the betterment of MOST student athletes in the long run. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well you aren't wrong but that is the nature of the beast now. We have to first have two great years  on the field for that to happen. If we can put together a nice several year run we could get lucky and picked up by a power conference. It won't happen until we find a coach that can win consistently on the field. Let's hope Golesh is that guy and the opposite of Jeff .

2 great years? USF was 1-11 and lost nearly every single playmaker. Unless you are a non-P5 with deep donor pockets, your school is now a farm system. That’s the new reality and fans will have to decide if that’s acceptable to them. For me, it’s not, even though I still follow this thread, hoping for a different outcome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488

2 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

2 great years? USF was 1-11 and lost nearly every single playmaker. Unless you are a non-P5 with deep donor pockets, your school is now a farm system. That’s the new reality and fans will have to decide if that’s acceptable to them. For me, it’s not, even though I still follow this thread, hoping for a different outcome.

Did I say we are going to have two great years starting next year? We are rock bottom until we prove other wise.

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

IMO, NO the NIL will not work for the betterment of MOST student athletes in the long run. 

It was never designed to help all athletes. It was designed to help the power 5 and elite programs pay their recruits to play for power 5 programs with deep pockets. It is just a legal loophole to paying players. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

22 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If we could just figure out a way to keep the offense on the field the entire game I think we'd be okay.

Needed to keep DDP for that. We could just onside kick every possession. Imagine being so well practiced at onside kicks that even if you only recovered 50% it would technically be a stop, plus the defense would only ever play on short fields. Even if the opposing team scores they stay fresh because they have less snaps. If your D gets a 3 and out then they have to attempt a really long field goal which isn't a guarantee for an AAC kicker-and suddenly your offense gets the ball between the 30–40-yard lines. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Did I say we are going to have two great years starting next year? We are rock bottom until we prove other wise.

Not trying to be argumentative, I know your views from your posts. I just see this as a divorce of sorts between the have and have nots. The latest is the de-scheduling of our future P5 opponents. It’s hard to see us having 2 great years when all of our talent was raided after being 1-11.

4 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Not trying to be argumentative, I know your views from your posts. I just see this as a divorce of sorts between the have and have nots. The latest is the de-scheduling of our future P5 opponents. It’s hard to see us having 2 great years when all of our talent was raided after being 1-11.

I don't know other than great coaching. WE just got rid of the worst coaching staff in USf history and possibly the worst ever in FBS history. The power conference will be moving them selves further and further away from g5 for money purposes.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It was never designed to help all athletes. It was designed to help the power 5 and elite programs pay their recruits to play for power 5 programs with deep pockets. It is just a legal loophole to paying players. 

We are the only country in the world that has professional sports teams at universities.  I expect at some point there will be a clean break, and these teams will be associated in name only.  It is rather absurd.  In the rest of the world university teams are the equivalent to our club sports teams run entirely by student volunteers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I am impressed with his recruiting on the offense and seems his staff is outworking the previous staff. My biggest concern is the defense and I hope they have a plan to get a few dt transfers, a linebacker or two, and a defensive back or two. I am curious if we are going to run3-3-5 or 3-4-4. I think out roster  is better suited to a 3 4 4. I also don't want 5 defensive backs out there  every play based on what we saw the last 3 years from our defensive backs. I think this coaching staff is putting in the work on the recruiting trail and hopefully we see it on the field as well. Time for the players to see this time investment  that the coaching staff is going all  in  on usf football and the players step up and go all in on the field. This was a good class especially  given the circumstances. 

If the numbers he was citing are correct, we need CBs and not just any DBs.  Says we had 12 or 14 safeties and only 2 CBs???   Yikes.

I can only assume that the previous staff expected to be able to move players to another position.  Hope is not a strategy.

18 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

If the numbers he was citing are correct, we need CBs and not just any DBs.  Says we had 12 or 14 safeties and only 2 CBs???   Yikes.

I can only assume that the previous staff expected to be able to move players to another position.  Hope is not a strategy.

Not wrong our defensive backs were the weakest part of our team for 3 seasons and we keep running systems that have 5 of them out at a time.

• Upvote 1