• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think we dodged a bullet here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

But what about JPP and our esteemed board member here ..... were they all 3 listening to the one same source.

Off topic, but since JP was brought up....Is it me or has the WDAE\Sports talk radio gone in the gutters in Tampa? I feel like up until about 8-10 years ago it was great, but the guys on the radio now are just awful.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

But what about JPP and our esteemed board member here ..... were they all 3 listening to the one same source.

Yes. Bubba was getting it from Deion and Bubba passed it on.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

I made it clear that the source was the same. I also quickly updated that Deion was not coming here within an hour after JP posted from the same source. JP decided to ride the wave of Twitter interaction and kept the rumor going. It does appear that Deion played us, as Colorado may have been in a bidding war against themselves otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I made it clear that the source was the same. I also quickly updated that Deion was not coming here within an hour after JP posted from the same source. JP decided to ride the wave of Twitter interaction and kept the rumor going. It does appear that Deion played us, as Colorado may have been in a bidding war against themselves otherwise. 

Yeah you we're up front and I appreciate that.

Does seem like Deion was just playing the fanbase at least. In hindsight I think the USF admin knew they we're out on Deion by the time JP was working up people on twitter with the 90% done nonsense

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

Yeah you we're up front and I appreciate that.

Does seem like Deion was just playing the fanbase at least. In hindsight I think the USF admin knew they we're out on Deion by the time JP was working up people on twitter with the 90% done nonsense

I think Deion was in the mix at one point. In hindsight, I think it was pretty clear early on that there wouldn't be a deal. Deion was likely testing how far teams were willing to go. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,496
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Haven't they now confirmed he was never on campus or even in Tampa when all these rumors came out?  We couldn't afford him and he was never coming here.  Deion's PR guys sent out a few "leads" to the local media and it snowballed from there.  He knew CU was his destination but had to get another school into the mix to make them increase their offer.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

25 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That is the current theory.  JP was apparently way, way, out on a limb.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,899
  • Days Won:  67

53 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think Deion was in the mix at one point. In hindsight, I think it was pretty clear early on that there wouldn't be a deal. Deion was likely testing how far teams were willing to go. 

The guy is an attention hog and loves seeing his name out there so he can revel in his narcissism.  I would find it comical if he **** the bed out in Boulder, I am sure I am not alone. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I made it clear that the source was the same. I also quickly updated that Deion was not coming here within an hour after JP posted from the same source.

You definitively made that clear but I thought that Cuz was saying everything came from Deion through Bubba, and wondered if Bubba was your source or was Deion sending out false flags to others. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

@Brad why are we still talking about Deon!