• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The more I see, the more I like the hire of Coach Golesh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

32 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I agree there were zero reasons as to why Scott couldn't be successful at USF. Scott couldn't make the adjustment from being an OC to HC.  I don't buy covid as a reason since that was the same for every program. All the tools were there (fertile recruiting ground, transfer portal, mediocre conference) for him to succeed; he just want able to do it.

Also there will be zero reasons as to why Golesh can't be succesfull, especially with a weaker schedule in an even weaker conference. If he is not successful there will be zero excuses as to why.

It's not the same for every coach. If you have $10,000 and I have $20 and we each get $20 taken from us, we are not in the same boat. Yes, we were penalized the same, but it is going to have a much larger impact on me than it is you. That is not to say that CJS gets a complete pass, because other coaches somewhat similarly situated were able to figure things out, but to act like COVID didn't play a role in his failure would be silly. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Did this guy kick your dog or something.  He's gone, you don't have to keep throwing dirt on his grave.   I don't think you can really compare the two Jeff's unless you actually followed both teams all season, tracked their injuries, qb situation, how many were out every week due to covid...etc.  It's kind of naive to say these two coaches started at the same time, so they should have both been equally successful.

No he is just the worst coach by a mile in fbs football over the last 3 seasons. People are making excuses for him still.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No he is just the worst coach by a mile in fbs football over the last 3 seasons. People are making excuses for him still.

I don't see anyone excusing the team's performance this year. I definitely haven't seen a single person say that he deserved more time. I think it is time to put the CJS debacle to rest. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't see anyone excusing the team's performance this year. I definitely haven't seen a single person say that he deserved more time. I think it is time to put the CJS debacle to rest. 

He was the worst fbs coach over the last three years and worst usf coach ever by a mile. People keep bringing up excuses still... 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

I like what I have seen and heard from Coach Golesh as well, but I won't be excited until I see the wins start coming in on the field.  I heard all of the coach speak rah-rah rhetoric three years ago from Jeff Scott and we all know how that turned out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He was the worst fbs coach over the last three years and worst usf coach ever by a mile. People keep bringing up excuses still... 

You call them excuses, I call them factual reasons why he failed as a head coach.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

You call them excuses, I call them factual reasons why he failed as a head coach.  

Failing would have been going 3-9 in year 2 and 5-7 in year 3.

Jeff Scott looks to be the only coach in FBS history to have coached at least 3 seasons and never win more than 2 games in a season. He legit could be the worst coach of all time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

Failing would have been going 3-9 in year 2 and 5-7 in year 3.

Jeff Scott looks to be the only coach in FBS history to have coached at least 3 seasons and never win more than 2 games in a season. He legit could be the worst coach of all time.

My co-workers and I were just talking about this a couple of days ago.  Scott won only 1 FBS game and did not win a single road game in three seasons.  Think about that for a minute.  1 FBS win and zero road wins in three seasons. Its mind boggling that he didn't even luck into one road win. He is definitely in the running for the worst FBS coach of all time. He would be my pick.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

CAG needs only one more FBS win to tie CJS' total during his tenure. Way to go, Coach Go!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

CAG needs only one more FBS win to tie CJS' total during his tenure. Way to go, Coach Go!

Let's do it and then double it.

• Like 1