• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Michael Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

He was in the running for the Bearcats HC.  Let's all take a deep breath and see how this plays out.  Roast the guy and MK if he starts the 2024 season 0-6 or 1-5.

This is fair. I got me early 2-4-8 three season forecast for My expectations 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This has always been the way the failure starts at the top and every single year combined between football and basketball has been worse than the year before it. It’s a straight downward slope. He got his hire in CJS and it failed more miserably than any coach in history. Then he stood behind all of them and said these are my people and a core of my vision here is stability and gave everyone an extension, less than a year later he has fired that coach and will be having to fire the basketball coach shortly. He has not had success in expansion and the coaching search went about exactly as you should have expected in continuing to make sure we never get out of a hole. Every second that he is in charge sets us further back and I’m not sure the unconscionable decision to let him make another long term decision hasn’t set back the next person that will be replacing his failed leadership and should have been able to build things in a forward facing direction instead of being given more things to unwind as they have to find their guys. MK is awful by any measure and we should have stopped pretending a long time ago. 

Well said. +1M.  MK is telling you who he is, listen USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,549
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

The blessing this guy has is our OL & QB. 

I pray he keeps Moldrige and De Prato....everybody else can go. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This has always been the way the failure starts at the top and every single year combined between football and basketball has been worse than the year before it. It’s a straight downward slope. He got his hire in CJS and it failed more miserably than any coach in history. Then he stood behind all of them and said these are my people and a core of my vision here is stability and gave everyone an extension, less than a year later he has fired that coach and will be having to fire the basketball coach shortly. He has not had success in expansion and the coaching search went about exactly as you should have expected in continuing to make sure we never get out of a hole. Every second that he is in charge sets us further back and I’m not sure the unconscionable decision to let him make another long term decision hasn’t set back the next person that will be replacing his failed leadership and should have been able to build things in a forward facing direction instead of being given more things to unwind as they have to find their guys. MK is awful by any measure and we should have stopped pretending a long time ago. 

image.jpeg.c9f028b0d6bc731ca1f484e3c9b5e717.jpeg

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The sad part is I believe PRL and the BOT are perfectly content to have MK in charge of athletics.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

He was in the running for the Bearcats HC.  Let's all take a deep breath and see how this plays out.  Roast the guy and MK if he starts the 2024 season 0-6 or 1-5.

I'm all for giving him a chance but if we start off 0-6 or 1-5 this year we can start roasting him. The new aac is a lot weaker . Utsa seems to be solid but I think they are losing their qb .

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

Golesh will get three seasons. If USF football is still a dumpster fire in 2025, he and Kelly will be gone. AD’s don’t get to hire a third football coach after firing the first two. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The sad part is I believe PRL and the BOT are perfectly content to have MK in charge of athletics.

It’s because of three things 1) people at the top of organizations are friends and typically band together because if you can be fired so can I 2) they have been saying he is great for so long that it’s pretty hard to pivot from that 3) he does raise more money which is typically a great thing except for he is also in charge of spending the money he raises and every penny of that has been squandered, if he raised 2 billion in funding he would in turn give giant contracts to people to both coach and to no longer coach at usf because he has yet to show any ability to recognize what it takes to be successful here in any way. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,200
  • Days Won:  2

His career here will be based on this hire Golesh fails both will be fired.

He definitely seems to have way more input on the offense than Scott did at Clemson so that is slightly comforting to know.